TrendNet TEW-812DRU V2 Web Interface Slowness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 20:42    Post subject: TrendNet TEW-812DRU V2 Web Interface Slowness Reply with quote
Hey guys,

My web interface keeps freezing randomly on my TEW-812DRU wireless router. I have to refresh the page or go to the address bar and hit enter before the page "might" load instantly again. It's weird. It randomly freezes on random pages. Sometimes, it takes 2 minutes before I can refresh the page and have it instantly load again. What I don't get is that the pages will load instantly after refreshing even though they were frozen for a bit.

Anyone experiencing this or can advise as to why the web gui interface freezes? Everything with my router works great, except for the web configuration UI.

Running v24 PreSP2 Beta Build 23804 of dd-wrt on my
TrendNet TEW-812DRU V2 wireless router.

Please help.
Sponsor
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone? This is driving me crazy, and I've spent hours looking at other people's threads with similar issues. Why does this seem like a question everyone avoids? The interface is painfully slow.
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I made a video illustrating what's going on:

http://youtu.be/1-GZJs5DR-o

Anyone?
alm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
How does it respond on another pc? I see you're still using Windows XP, is it malware-free?
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
alm wrote:
How does it respond on another pc? I see you're still using Windows XP, is it malware-free?

I could have sworn I had tried it from another PC (basic troubleshooting 101). Actually, the video shows me using Windows 7 that I made look exactly like XP. lol

I tried it on my XP Netbook, and it's working just fine. That is so weird. I wonder why my desktop is having this slowness problem over LAN connections only.

Well, that's the good news. Not a DD-WRT problem. Thanks! If anyone has any tips as to what could be causing my desktop issue, please let me know.
own3mall
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
own3mall wrote:
Not a DD-WRT problem.

Well, actually, after doing more research and playing around with it, I do believe this is a DD-WRT problem.

For unknown reasons, it appears to drop traffic from my main desktop when I try to access DD-WRT through my router. However, when I try it on my netbook, it works. But, if I'm attempting to access it via my desktop and the connection freezes or drops (as shown in the YouTube video), at that point, none of my systems can access the router until it has been hard rebooted.

Hopefully someone fixes this or can tell us what is going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: