R7000 and IPv6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
twalls
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:
twalls wrote:

For the 6in4 support, would it be possible to give options to use either a single /64 or /48, depending on how it is being used? The script above is great, and it is exciting to hear about support already getting added to the webif! Smile

The same script works the same for /64. Just don't assign /64s to wl0.1 or wl1.1 etc

The br0 line would be
ip -6 addr add 2001:470:BBBB:BBBB::1/64 dev br0

That's fine for the script. I just think it would be slick if the webif gave you the option to define a /64 or a /48, depending on if you want to do guest networks, etc.
Sponsor
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
twalls wrote:

That's fine for the script. I just think it would be slick if the webif gave you the option to define a /64 or a /48, depending on if you want to do guest networks, etc.

I am very confident in saying I expect /64 to work via webif. In the test build I was able configure a /64 and get ipv6 connectivity. 6in4 via webif is just missing a few teaks, logistics, and sanity checks then it should be ready for general use.

Kong is making awesome progress.
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
HE /64 tunnel via webif with ddwrt v24800

Setup->ipv6->static 6in4

Where
Client ipv6 address : 2001:470:AAAA:AAAA::2/64
Routed /48 : 2001:470:BBBB:BBBB::/64
Server IPv4 Address : 209.51.161.14

Add this line to administration->commands->firewall to allow ping from HE tunnel server
iptables -I INPUT 2 -s 66.220.2.74 -p icmp -j ACCEPT

Use ddns to update tunnel endpoint.

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.55 KB
 Viewed:  11258 Time(s)

image.jpg

_Robb_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone write instructions for an ipv6 noob how to configure the lateset build?

Should I get any info from my provider?
Please advise what my questions should be.

tnx

DO NOT 30-30-30 or erase nvram newer routers! It can brick them.

EA6700: Build 27745 (nvram below 32K, ipv6 - HE 6in4)
E4200: Build 26587
WRT54GL: Retired - waiting in the closet for an emergency.
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
_Robb_ wrote:
Could someone write instructions for an ipv6 noob how to configure the lateset build?

Should I get any info from my provider?
Please advise what my questions should be.

tnx

You need to know what type of ipv6 your provider provides

Native IPv6, DHCPv6-PD, 6rd, 6rd option 212

For native and 6rd your provider need to provide you with config information.

Note 6rd is only supported via script at the moment.
twalls
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:

Setup->ipv6->static 6in4

Where

Add this line to administration->commands->firewall to allow ping from HE tunnel server

Ye flippin' gods! I can't wait to get off of work now to get this installed and setup! Shocked
s-f-r-j
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome job guys!
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
twalls wrote:
JAMESMTL wrote:

Setup->ipv6->static 6in4

Where

Ye flippin' gods! I can't wait to get off of work now to get this installed and setup! Shocked

Ya Kong's a machine. He must have put out 6 test builds over the past few days.

You'll even see the local tunnel endpoint address is now shown top right corner of webif
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is a DD-WRT v24800 compatible 6rd script for static and dhcp option 212.

Instructions:

1. From webif Setup->IPv6
a) Select Native IPv6
b) Enter IPv6 DNS servers
c) Enter MTU (generally wanif MTU - 20)

2. Edit the configuration section of the file 24800-6rd.ipup.txt

3. Copy the contents of 24800-6rd.ipup.txt to administration->commands then save as startup or save it to /jffs/etc/config as an .ipup script

4. Copy the contents of 24800-firewall.ipup.txt to administrtion->command save firewall

5. Reboot

This script should work with most if not all 6rd providers

*** edit revised general script

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=914475#914475

Last edited by JAMESMTL on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:38; edited 2 times in total
BasCom
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
jey @kong, BS just inserted the new modules Smile
TL-WR841ND @ BS-build 23919 Client Bridge ( Routed )
rolfl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:
Here is a DD-WRT v24800 compatible 6rd script for static and dhcp option 212.

Instructions:

1. From webif Setup->IPv6
a) Select Native IPv6
b) Enter IPv6 DNS servers
c) Enter MTU (generally wanif MTU - 20)

2. Edit the configuration section of the file 24800-6rd.ipup.txt

3. Copy the contents of 24800-6rd.ipup.txt to administration->commands then save as startup or save it to /jffs/etc/config as an .ipup script

4. Copy the contents of 24800-firewall.ipup.txt to administrtion->command save firewall

5. Reboot

This script should work with most if not all 6rd providers

Hi James,

Do ipup scripts get executed if wanip changes?
bryanu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 15:52    Post subject: Re: Any chance of getting IPv6 to work properly in bridge mo Reply with quote
bryanu wrote:
So one thing the stock FW can do great is the bridge mode.

I've used it to bridge with non-netgear routers, netgear routers and all works great.

I'd like to use DD-WRT on my bridge side but currently it doesn't support IPv6 because it ends up showing the main router all the clients as if they have the same MAC.

I'm not sure what netgear does to get around this but can it be looked into for similar solution?

I have an router I use just as a wireless bridge for my media center stuff and it's got a number of downfalls, like no vlan etc. I want to use but stock FW is no go, yet I use v6 and ddwrt is no go on bridge w/ v6 Sad

Anyone have thoughts?
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
rolfl wrote:

Hi James,

Do ipup scripts get executed if wanip changes?

From the wiki, .ipup is run when PPP connection is reestablished after a disconnect and after the firewall. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Execution

When I do a dhcp release and renew from webif, .ipup scripts are executed. That being said my ip at home rarely changes and when it has, I have never looked at my script execution logs to see if they were run. I suspect they are but can't prove it.

I suggested ipup as the script is executed only once instead of something like the four times a wanup script would be executed on reboot. The script has been tested and works just fine as a wanup script.

I suggested wanup for the original script I posted (based on a script for tomato) because it would not execute properly for dhcp based 6rd as an ipup after a reboot due to udhcp setting the environment variable interface=vlan2. The if statement would be satisfied and therefore not call udhcp and request the 6rd info.

This revised version of the script has been completely rewritten with only some of the original variable names and the standard hex / binary conversion code being conserved so it is not affected the same way.

Now as the posted script was intended for use as a webif startup script, I have not included any of the code necessary to handle WANIP changes nor webif changes which take down br0. There is another version of the script which is not intended to be run as a webif startup script which includes some of this functionality. I have not posted this version of the script as kong has been moving quickly with 6in4 which is the basis of 6rd.
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 16:53    Post subject: Re: Any chance of getting IPv6 to work properly in bridge mo Reply with quote
bryanu wrote:
bryanu wrote:

I've used it to bridge with non-netgear routers, netgear routers and all works great.

I'd like to use DD-WRT on my bridge side but currently it doesn't support IPv6 because it ends up showing the main router all the clients as if they have the same MAC.

I'm not sure what netgear does to get around this but can it be looked into for similar solution?

I have an router I use just as a wireless bridge for my media center stuff and it's got a number of downfalls, like no vlan etc. I want to use but stock FW is no go, yet I use v6 and ddwrt is no go on bridge w/ v6 Sad

Anyone have thoughts?

When you enable ipv6 on the wireless bridge does the wireless interface get a global /64 IP address?

If not from CLI try setting accept_ra to 2
Example for 2.4Ghz

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth1/accept_ra
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 17:45    Post subject: Re: Any chance of getting IPv6 to work properly in bridge mo Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:
bryanu wrote:
bryanu wrote:

Anyone have thoughts?

When you enable ipv6 on the wireless bridge does the wireless interface get a global /64 IP address?

If not from CLI try setting accept_ra to 2
Example for 2.4Ghz

echo 2 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/eth1/accept_ra

I was running into some wonkiness here, but since my understanding of IPv6 is limited (and growing) I wasn't *exactly* sure of what I was seeing.

But what I *think* I'm seeing is that enabling IPv6 on the router with DHCPv6-PD puts it in "router" mode and not "bridge" mode (at least in terms of how it deals with IPv6). I kinda figured that was just a byproduct of this all being new and the code for bridge-mode IPv6 hadn't been put into place in Kong's webif yet. Is that understanding/assumption correct?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 37
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: