Takes over a minute to get a connection to the network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tanktan38
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 15:56    Post subject: Takes over a minute to get a connection to the network Reply with quote
I have installed dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin on my E1000 v2.1 and it works alright, however I have noticed that whenever I reconnect a computer (disable and reenable the network adapter in windows, or unplug) through LAN, it will take 1-2 minutes before it would have access to the network.

To explain further in detail, during this period where the taskbar icon has a yellow triangle, a quick run of ipconfig will show that the computer indeed does have an IP address assigned from the router. However during this period, there is no internet access and you CANNOT use the router's web gui through the 192.168.1.1 ip. I used my phone to look at the DHCP clients table and my server was listed there while it was in this period.

This might not seem like much of a problem but it was a long enough time for me to think that the two other builds I tried before on the router (dd-wrt.v24-24461_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin and dd-wrt.v24-22118_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin) weren't working at all. The biggest problem I will have is that when I host my semi monthly LAN parties, I'm afraid that this 1-2 minute time period it takes for the computers to connect to the network will troubleshooting everyones internet problems that much harder.

I have a DPC3008 modem with Charter internet 100mbps/5mbps. I have noticed the DD-WRT provides slightly slower internet speeds than stock, but its not horrible. I should probably invest in a gigabit router to get the full speeds anyways. If anyone has any thing I should try or new builds to try out, please tell me. Thanks.
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reboot the computer. It's a Windows issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: