Profile Isolation on EOC 2611P

Budgie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:36    Post subject: Profile Isolation on EOC 2611P Reply with quote
Hi, I have an EOC2611P device which has been doing good service for a while in simple configuration but I now must expand and tighten security on my site network. Before I try and install DD-WRT on the device I need to improve my knowledge and understanding on a couple of issues. Grateful if somebody has time to give me some assistance please.

I am hoping to use VLANs and managed switch to achieve separation between "public" and private networks and my problem is that the the EOC2611P must carry both "public" and private traffic.

I note that I can set up VLAN tagging on each SSID and have done this as first step. All is still working and I can access the rest of the network and WAN. However,I do not have managed switch set up so only normal switching on rest of Lan. If I now select the option;

"Isolate all Profiles (SSIDs) from each other using VLAN (802.1Q) standard," I lose all routing so the AP gives no access to WAN.

What is happening here and why? Grateful if somebody could please advise.

Budgie
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Senao Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: