AC56U build 23940 - Not automount 2nd USB following reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Sturmey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 18:13    Post subject: AC56U build 23940 - Not automount 2nd USB following reboot Reply with quote
I have 2 USB devices plugged in to both ports available on my Asus AC56U. The first device is a HDD with 1 partition(NTFS), the second is a HDD with 2 partitions(HFS & NTFS).
I can successfully mount all partitions if I reboot with both USB's unplugged, and then following reboot, I plug each device in (on-by-one) with 5s in between them.
However, if both USBs are plugged in and mounted and then I reboot, only the first USB is mounting - only 1 device shown in the WebGUI Disc Info dialog box, and I cannot access the shares defined to the absent HDD.

I have read the wiki on USB storage which states "...the plug-in of a second drive did seem to confuse the "Run-on-mount" settings - your mileage may vary"
<http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage>

The only other reference I've found is a post from 2011 relating to multiple USB devices via a HUB.
<http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=84919&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60>
This post did find a solution by updating fraters automount service and then adding a custom script to force opt to mount to the first partition. However, this is now over 3 years old and hence I assume build 23940 (published 04/22/14) might have addressed this tweak??? correct/not correct?

I have Automatic Drive Mount set to enable.
I have nothing in the fields: Run-on-mount Script Name; Mount this Partition to /jffs; Mount this Partition to /opt.
I did initially think to set the UUIDs for both my drives in the mount to /jffs and /opt boxes, on the WebGUI NAS screen I could not assign a share to a path starting /opt (i is not available in the drop down list) ...there is however an entry for /jffs in the drop down list...

Is anyone else facing this issue? and would one of Kong's builds or (dare I say it) TomatoUSB better serve multiple USB devices? Any help appreciated, this is driving me nuts.

>>Further testing with only a single USB device plugged in, shows that it may be my HDD with 1 NTFS partition that is at fault, because when manually mounted, after a reboot it does not automount again. Conversely my other HDD (mix of two HFS/NTFS partitions) under exact same circumstances auto mounts again fine after reboot. Is there a reason why NTFS partitions would not auto mount?

(build 23940) - USB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  309.64 KB
 Viewed:  191 Time(s)

(build 23940) - USB.jpg

Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: