Problems with Static DHCP

tlp95129
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 19:34    Post subject: Problems with Static DHCP Reply with quote
I've been trying to use static DHCP to assign static IP addresses to several devices on my LAN. I use the DHCP server's static leases section (under the Services tab in the GUI). It works for a while, but it will not survive a router reboot (I have to redo it). I've also tried using the telnet command line to update the NVRAM settings with the same results (unless I'm misunderstanding what Non-Volatile means).

All my static IP assignmments are outside the range of those dynamically assigned, so there shouldn't be any conflicts. Or is that my problem - should the statics be in the same pool as the dynamics?

Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish stable static assignments? I'm stumped.

TIA

Hardware/Firmware particulars
Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini - build 14929
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you use the GUI...add one MAC/Name/IP at a time (OUTSIDE) the DHCP range...make sure you hit Save after each entry...when finished...you then need to hit Apply. It should survive.

If you use the command line...after setting your static_leasenum and static_leases...you need to do an "nvram commit". Then it too should survive a reboot.

If it isn't...I'd be tempted to reset the router...and start with a fresh reload of the software. You did do a 30/30/30 as required before attempting your configuration???? right?

redhawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks redhawk0. Didn't now about the one at a time GUI limit or the "nvram commit".
tlp95129
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem fixed. Your suggestions worked. I used the GUI, following your advice to enter the MACs one at a time and save/apply. Did two router reboots and all the static assignments stick.

Thanks a million!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: