PPTP VPN problems with Netgear R7000

Winningmassively
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:45    Post subject: PPTP VPN problems with Netgear R7000 Reply with quote
Hi Guys

Been fighting with this now a few days, heres what ive done.

Freshe install or DD-WRT using builds:

-dd-wrt-K3_R7000_6-Aug-2014.chk
-dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin

I have a VPN service with PIA and have followed this tutorial on how to configure DD-WRT.

http://www.earthvpn.com/dd-wrt-pptp-vpn-setup-tutorial/

After I have installed the above versions of DD-WRT, I get internet however when I enable in the wan section PPTP and enter all my information the connection seems to work as when I look in status/Wan tab the login status to VPN is connected...BUT!.....I HAVE NO INTERNET CONNECTION!....

When I got back to setup/basicsetup/wan setup and turn off pptp....I get my internet back....

Can anyone help me out on this?..

Thank you all in advance.

john.
Sponsor
akaventure
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:24    Post subject: Cannot connect to my work VPN on R7000 Reply with quote
I am trying to connect all my traffic from my R7000 router through my work VPN server. I can successfully do this on my iPhone - simply enter IP address, login details and it works! Why can't dd-wrt do the same. I have following instructions on forums etc but it does not seem to work. My setup is:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/06/14) kongac
(SVN revision 24200M)

R7000.

I have the IP address, login, DNS servers for my VPN connection - how can I connect like I do with my iPhone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: