Does "TP-LINK TL-MR3020" support "Huwaei E303

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
aksingh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:55    Post subject: Does "TP-LINK TL-MR3020" support "Huwaei E303 Reply with quote
Hi,

Before I buy "TP-LINK TL-MR3020" router (for Huwaei E303C 3G modem); Can anyone confirm whether DD-WRT latest firmware (ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/tplink_tl-mr3020/) for "TP-LINK TL-MR3020" [http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=218&model=TL-MR3020] supports Huwaei E303C 3G modem [http://www.huaweidevice.co.in/Products/MobileBroadband/E303c.php]?

Thanks!!

Br
Aksingh
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Impossible to answer with a yes or no, 3G dongles are supported by their USB id (vid:pid) and not by their model name.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Impossible to answer with a yes or no, 3G dongles are supported by their USB id (vid:pid) and not by their model name.

Thanks for your quick reply LOM. The Huwaei E303C model correspond to:

Vendor = 0x12d1
Product = 0x1506

Does above information helps to answer this question?

Br
Aksingh
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
12d1:1506 is a supported usb id.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Hi LOM,
Thanks for your reply. Can you confirm one more thing; whether DD-WRT firmware has no issues with respect to 3G or 2G/GPRS connection.

As such TP Link firmware is working fine for 3G data but when we change from 3G to 2G by changing other SIM in the 3G modem; TP Link router do not show connection status as green.

Will DD-WRT be able to make connection in 2G/EDGE or is it TP Link TL-MR3020 hardware issue?

Br
Aksingh
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
2G/GPRS should work in dd-wrt.
I am surprised that stock firmware can not handle it, are you sure that the SIM is not locked or the dongle is not operator locked?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
2G/GPRS should work in dd-wrt.
I am surprised that stock firmware can not handle it, are you sure that the SIM is not locked or the dongle is not operator locked?

Dear LOM,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Answers of your question:

I am surprised that stock firmware can not handle it,
Aksingh>> I read somewhere in some review/problem in Internet that TP Link said that they can't handle 2G and only 3G will work.

are you sure that the SIM is not locked or the dongle is not operator locked?
Aksingh>> SIM is not locked. And dongle is also NOT locket. This dongle is operator independent. When we connect the Dongle directly to laptop it works fine (in 2G/3G both) but this router or "router stock firmware" (I am not sure who is culprit) is not able to run 2G/GPRS/EDGE connection but works absolutely fine in 3G data.

Thanks for your support; will try to flash the DD-WRT FW.

Br
Aksingh
mcsar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
aksingh wrote:
LOM wrote:

Hi LOM,
Thanks for your reply. Can you confirm one more thing; whether DD-WRT firmware has no issues with respect to 3G or 2G/GPRS connection.

As such TP Link firmware is working fine for 3G data but when we change from 3G to 2G by changing other SIM in the 3G modem; TP Link router do not show connection status as green.

Will DD-WRT be able to make connection in 2G/EDGE or is it TP Link TL-MR3020 hardware issue?

Br
Aksingh

As for someone with the same issue as me and presented here, I could only solve it using D-Link DIR-506L.

Sorry I can't provide more info, since I couldn't afford having more time do get the details. I can tell I try the stock firmware and the last dd-wrt provided in the date of this post.

My modem is an ZTE MF190 and I couldn't get it working on 2G network by using TP-Link TL-MR3020.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: