how to reconfigure cisco aironet 802.11n draft 2.0 dual band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
briand904
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:20    Post subject: how to reconfigure cisco aironet 802.11n draft 2.0 dual band Reply with quote
i have what was originally set up and used for cablevisions accesspoints optimumwifi/twcwifi/xfinitywifi and am wondering how to go about the process to take this accesspoint which is automatically set up for optimums network and if i can take that device and reconfigure it to use as an access point for my own personal use. however i do not know how to go about doing this. i still need to go to my local computer store and pick up a console cable. another question; can i use the ethernet port with the power injector (not connected to a switch0 as a power source while connected with the console cable, or would i need a power adaptor (48vdc) specifically while going about this process? and my last question; is there any way this all can be done without having to use the console connection (meaning can this all be done while connected to the ethernet port/power injector)?

any answers would be extremely helpful.

as it sits this unit is automatically configured by cablevision to search for the optimum network and if it is authorized to be distributed from that locations modem. i am trying to flush all cablevisions settings out and hopefully reconfigure this airoport so it can be used as an access point for my own home broadcasting a totally different network than my own wifi for my guests to use without having to worry that theres any chance they can hop ontop my own personal network (separate network unsecured that will not network with other networks in my home/office).

thanks in advanced!!!!

p.s. been religiously using ddwrt on most of my routers since i found out about it about 5-6 years ago and has been a TREMENDOUS help for easy efficient safe secure hassle free networking across my routers.
Sponsor
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Step 1: goto to cisco.com and register as a user of that model aironet.

Step 2: Download all the reference/user documents for the router.

Step 3: Read them or you won't even know how to talk it's language or command syntax.

The console port is a rs232 serial port without which you can't do any router administration, changes or firmware updates. If the console port is a db9 to rj45 you'll need a Cisco console cable. If it's a db9 to db9 still get a Cisco cable. Ebay?

You can configure Putty to talk to it.

Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: