ML-PPP support ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
rykr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe some day when I am rich I will get 8 lines. Woowee!
Sponsor
swiftex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using this build on Asus N16.

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/19/10) big - build 15943M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

Single line multi link works with mtu 1486.
rykr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I believe only the micro build didn't work. I finally got a new router and put OpenWRT on it which lets me add arguements for pppd manually.
pvanb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recently got a deal on a Netgear router so I'm using the standard build on it (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) std) and as noted above, with MTU = 1486 single-link MLPPP is working just fine. It's unfortunate it never worked on the micro build, but alas, it doesn't seem like enough people use it to make the effort worthwhile.
danielk86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
im on asus rt n12. so things u need to get single line mlppp enabled is

type in "nomppe mp" in mppe encryption
check mark multi link
and set mtu to 1442?
ShaTR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all,

Just got a WRT320N and loaded up DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std-usb-ftp - build 14896

Checked off the box for multi link, and i'm able to grab and ip and access the net, but i'm still being throttled.

I previously had no trouble using tomato/MLPPP with my WRT54GL. Torrents and such ran at full speed all the time.

Am i dont something wrong or is it just not supported?

(ISP is Acanac FWIW)

*edit* Just loaded DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/10/11) mini - build 16403M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko and still not working Sad
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
i found out why the micro doesnt support slmlppp.

easy...mlppp is diabled in micros

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/browser//src/router/pppd.new/pppd/Makefile.linux :

Code:
   # Uncomment the next line to enable multilink PPP (enabled by default)
55   # Linux distributions: Please leave multilink ENABLED in your builds
56   # of pppd!
57   include ../../.config
58   ifneq ($(CONFIG_DIST),"micro")
59   ifneq ($(CONFIG_DIST),"micro-special")
60   HAVE_MULTILINK=y
61   endif
62   endif

i also have to have a look at

mpshortseq
    Enables the use of short (12-bit) sequence numbers in multilink headers, as opposed to 24-bit sequence numbers. This option is only available under Linux, and only has any effect if multilink is enabled (see the multilink option).

mrru n
    Sets the Maximum Reconstructed Receive Unit to n. The MRRU is the maximum size for a received packet on a multilink bundle, and is analogous to the MRU for the individual links. This option is currently only available under Linux, and only has any effect if multilink is enabled (see the multilink option).

btw did some of u guys some scripting to use more than 1 line for mlppp?

i dont know how the ppp interfaces show up on linux? does it show as many interfaces as lines or only one? how is it merged into one interface or stream of data?

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:28    Post subject: Cannot get mlppp to work with Asus WL-520-GU, Reply with quote
HI! Well I tried very hard but no cigar. I tried type in "nomppe mp" in mppe encryption
check mark multi link
and set mtu to 1442?

It works with tomato though! after 9 hours of searching for the right info. the tomato site removed the ND file (New Driver)from there main package. I had to find a older version. that the Asus WL-520-GU needs.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=144113

I am wondering if there is something in specific that needs attention concerning my router in order for mlppp to work?

After I installed tomato using the proper version for my router all was setup in a matter of minutes.

I am still using dd-wrt for my HOTSPOT routers and would prefer have all routers using the same firmware.(dd-wrt).

Paul

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was wondering if someone here has tried the Multilink (dual line) with any Asus router?

I was looking at the Asus RT-N16 and I am wondering if has got a multi-line connection to work with dd-wrt?

I have been browsing around and no one has it available for the Asus RT-N16. Tomato, Openwrt are both talking about it but are slow to implement it ( mlppp) and have not yet for the asus rt-n16.

Tomato did however mention that they are thinking of basing there broadcom firmware on the asus rt-n16 because of its power and affordability but also mentioned that it would not be anytime soon.

As for now my setup works but my router cannot keep up with the connections and users request due to its limited power and memory. I am using mlppp with dual lines as a gateway for a HOTSPOT connection with about 10-15 users and right now what I got is just not cutting it.

Paul

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would LOVE to get multi-line ML-PPPoE working. I'm stuck with 3 mb/sec dsl and need to get 4 lines hooked up and working. (they're slow but they're cheap!)

Anyone get it working in DD-WRT with multiple lines?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 Display posts from previous:    Page 16 of 16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: