DDNS and freedns.afraid.org

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
propagandhi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:44    Post subject: Re: freedns.afraid.org with dd-wrt Reply with quote
celem wrote:
I was only successful getting freedns.afraid.org working with dd-wrt with the following entry:

DD-WRT Setup for freedns.afraid.org
----------------
DDNS Service: Custom
DYNDNS Server: freedns.afraid.org
Username: myloginname
Password: mypassword
Hostname: @
URL: http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?djQJSmswQ1FiMXlxOUtJNTJBYUc6MTMzOBMxMQ==

--------NOTE-------
The URL was obtained from the address bar by clicking Direct Link in my page on freedns.afraid.org

Thank you celem, your solution worked for me.

TP-Link Archer C9 v1 (build 44715)
Because it keeps on working, don't make it right.
Sponsor
schuc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 0:10    Post subject: Re: freedns.afraid.org with dd-wrt Reply with quote
propagandhi wrote:
Thank you celem, your solution worked for me.

Strange.. I have the same result that this method worked for me as well. I wonder why the DD-WRT builtin method for freedns is not working as expected.

At any rate, thanks to the couple people that offered this alternate way to get it updating!
backgrounddd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:18    Post subject: Reboot Script in order to update DDNS Reply with quote
Hello,

I need a script for my Asus DDWRT in order to reboot itself under the condition when it cannot reach the internet. I use ddwrt for ap router connected my adsl modem. There is ddns service configuration on the ddwrt router although it is not updated frequently. My ISP frequently changes my public ip therefore I cannot make connection to my router remotely from my work because of frequent changes. If there is a script which listens the internet connection and then if the internet connection off, it can reboot the ddwrt router. Why i want to reboot because the configuration of ddns service can be update after reboot operation then the ddns database receives new public IP.

Best regards,
thekiosk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do like this, work for me.

R6300v2 DD-WRT v3.0-r29440M kongac (04/19/16)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: