BrainSlayer/Kong Asus-RTN66U miniupnp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Xruptor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 18:02    Post subject: BrainSlayer/Kong Asus-RTN66U miniupnp? Reply with quote
Just a quick question since I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Does dd-wrt use a upnp daemon/system other than miniupnp? I'm not entirely sure if either the brainslayer or kong builds for the K3.X drivers on Asus RT-N66U utilize the miniupnp daemon. If it's a custom or different daemon does it have a name? I'm trying to debug an issue with miniupnp and I need to confirm if dd-wrt does or does not use it.
Sponsor
Xruptor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone? I have only been able to find extremely vague posts where miniupnpd was mentioned in conjuction with brainslayer. Though majority of posts I find are about installing miniupnpd. So I'm still not entirely sure that dd-wrt itself utilizes miniupnpd out of the box. I'm also not sure if the brainslayer or kong builds of the K3.X firmwares utilize miniupnpd in them.

Any help answering this would be nice.
MikeMcr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT does NOT use miniupnpd. I wish it did as it supports many more features than the built-in one. You have to compile your own version or get it from opkg if available.
Xruptor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
MikeMcr wrote:
DD-WRT does NOT use miniupnpd. I wish it did as it supports many more features than the built-in one. You have to compile your own version or get it from opkg if available.

Thanks for the response Mike. Do you by chance happen to know if the Brainslayer and Kong versions use miniupnpd?

Also I didn't realize the upnp that comes with dd-wrt is that terrible. I used it in the past without many problems. Hmm... I suppose it's not as robust as miniupnpd.
MikeMcr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xruptor wrote:
Also I didn't realize the upnp that comes with dd-wrt is that terrible. I used it in the past without many problems. Hmm... I suppose it's not as robust as miniupnpd.

I didn't say terrible! It serves its purpose fine but I want the extra features miniupnpd gives such as defining allowed IP ranges in the configuration and auto-removal of mappings after no activity etc.

I use Kong builds and before that Brainslayer. They do not use miniupnpd. I think it is just the standard Linux upnpd daemon.
Xruptor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
MikeMcr wrote:
Xruptor wrote:

I didn't say terrible! It serves its purpose fine but I want the extra features miniupnpd gives such as defining allowed IP ranges in the configuration and auto-removal of mappings after no activity etc.

I use Kong builds and before that Brainslayer. They do not use miniupnpd. I think it is just the standard Linux upnpd daemon.

lol maybe I shouldn't have said terrible Wink Regardless I understand what you were trying to say. If BrainSlayer and Kong don't use miniupnpd that would explain the differences between what I'm used to. I'm an old Tomato user but I converted to dd-wrt. I wanted to see if it could fix my issues with XBOX and the infamous Teredo port 3074 problem. I live in an apartment where there are two XBOX consoles so things get complicated when we try to party with each other or voice. It's usually a console fight on whom can take port 3074.
MikeMcr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could try this miniupnpd installer:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62622

Make sure you disable the built-in upnp daemon first from the Nat,UPnP section.

Note that the version above is for the 2.4 kernel. You have to use optware for anything newer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: