Reboot Windows from dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Rob_wrt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25    Post subject: Reboot Windows from dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hi All,

I am looking for options to reboot Windows PC from my e4200 running dd-wrt. Sometimes I need to do that remotely.

I found this article on how to do that from Unix using "net rpc ..." command. http://lifehacker.com/5275652/shut-down-your-windows-pc-remotely-from-linux
But that command does not exist in dd-wrt..

Any ideas how to reboot windows pc from DD-wrt, command line.

R

e4200 v1.
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/18/14) mega - build 23919
Sponsor
soggyflaps
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 20:19    Post subject: Script Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's possible but perhaps you would be able to execute a windows batch file which contains a shutdown command from DD-WRT.
Rob_wrt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
In the meantime I realized I could probably enable telnet on Win PC, login there that way and exec reboot. Have not tried yet but that should work
martinigm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you find a solution to this problem?
Rob_wrt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, as in my post above. I enabled telnet server on windows. So first I open ssh session to my router, and then telnet to my win PC from there, and can issue any command."shutdown /r /f" of course works fine.
It's nice and simple, I can do all that from anywhere, from my iPhone.
It's secure too, plain telnet session is only exposed in my local home network, and is encapsulated in ssh session to the outside world.
R

Ps. Somehow we do not think of windows that it's something you telnet to, at least I didn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: