tp-link router - can't access connected device via LAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
rebka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 20:05    Post subject: tp-link router - can't access connected device via LAN Reply with quote
Have a TP-Link wr841n v8.4, running latest DD-WRT build.
Have a PAP box with fixed ip address 192.168.1.80.
Have an old Linksys WRT54GL router running Tomato.

When the PAP box is plugged into the TP-Link, it is not accessible from a computer on the LAN (via browser, ping, or any other way). When the PAP is plugged into the Linksys, it is accessible. The TP-Link and Linksys routers have identical settings for IP address, nameserver, DHCP (irrelevant in this case). I can switch between using one router or the other without changing anything on the LAN. There are no settings which should interfere with accessing the PAP, no access restrictions.

Also, DD-WRT shows that the PAP box is connected, and has outgoing connections. Just can't access it via the LAN.

Would like to at least determine if this is a hardware or software problem.
Sponsor
quevernick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pretty sure its a software issue. I had the same issue and just switched back to the original firmware and everything is working fine again. The bad part is it worked for about 20-30 minutes and then just stopped working. Anyone know of a version of DD-WRT for this router that doesn't have issues.
quevernick
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did some testing today and it seems like all version after 04/18/2014 have the same lan issue.
rebka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, and you're right! I uploaded the build from 3/29/14 (build #23838), and now can access the PAP box on the LAN.
rebka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will just add, that with the new(er) firmware that has the bug, I was still able to access a different device (cable modem) that was on the same LAN but on a different subnet as determined by its IP address 192.168.100.1 (vs. all other devices on the LAN at 192.168.1.xx). So perhaps that's a clue for bug-fixing purposes.
danymarc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
read post from earthmind here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=135
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: