Comcast (possible IPv6) issue with Kong build on R6300v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
XBeta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 18:36    Post subject: Comcast (possible IPv6) issue with Kong build on R6300v2 Reply with quote
Hello all,

A newbie on the whole IPv6 stack, so please forgive me if I ask any stupid question.

Recently bought this Netgear AC1450 router ( http://slickdeals.net/f/7244774-refurbished-netgear-ac1450-dual-band-gigabit-wifi-router-65-ymmv-targeted-or-67-50-w-visa-checkout-free-shipping-newegg )

flash it to R6300v2 stock rom, I know it's working great. (Did some speedtest, and benchmark result is great)

Installed Kong build from here :
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/Initial/dd-wrt.K3_R6300V2.chk
( NOTE: picked R6300v2.chk, not the AC1450.chk)

Modem used: Moto SB6141
ISP: Comcast in California

It works for everything, except the whole TCP stack is not working for me. (Haven't tested with UDP)

What works:
* ping 192.168.1.1
* ping google.com
* nslookup google.com
* host google.com
* netcat -v 192.168.1.1 80
* stock NG R6300v2 works for all TCP/UDP stacks with great speed

What NOT work:
* netcat --verbose --tcp google.com 80
* netcat --verbose --tcp google.com 443

So I decide to try it without any router, by connecting my computer directly with the modem and it seems Comcast is giving me IPv6 address, so I know that my DD-WRT is not enabled for that, so I did, but it still didn't work.

I would like to know with Kong's build, is there anything else I need to set to get it working with Comcast? Has anyone tried with Comcast (I'm sure someone did), and got their IPv6 config working and can share it with me?

(I'm suspecting I'm missing some iptables filtering, etc)

Thanks,
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: