Having some kind of NAT problem with torrents..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fierodough
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 13:49    Post subject: Having some kind of NAT problem with torrents.. Reply with quote
my 300n running v24 is giving me a headache...

All firewall settings are turned off. Tried using UPNP, Tried setting up my Torrent pc as a DMZ.. I get nat errors in Utorrent.

When I plug my modem directly into the PC, I have no problems at all. So it's deffinatly a routers settings issue.

Can someone give me some info on other settings in the router i should focus on?

The router is setup as an AP. Computer is hard wired to the router.

Cheers!
Eric
Sponsor
MichelG
DD-WRT Guru

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 19:07    Post subject: Your configuration. Reply with quote
Am I right if your configuration looks like that :

----Internet----Modem----AP----PC

And you have problems running it ? What is the IP range on the modem side and then the ip range on the AP side ? If both are on the same segment, for sur it wont work.

you might have something like 192.168.1.X on the Modem side, and configure your AP to run on the range of 10.1.1.Y it should work then. Use the DHCP of your AP to provide an IP to your PC.
swinn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have DSL then your modem should be setup for Bridge mode, otherwise you are doing double NAT.
WL520gU (Routing)
Running DD-WRT v24 SP2 - http://www.dd-wrt.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: