MAC CLONE causes BSOD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
PeterK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 16:53    Post subject: MAC CLONE causes BSOD Reply with quote
When I cloned my MAC for ISP it changed my LAN MAC as well.

When that computer connected to the network it immediately got a BSOD.

I disabled CLONE, the router rebooted and now only the WAN MAC still reflects the cloned address (the LAN reflects the original MAC) still while the cloned computer can now get on the network without a BSOD.

My fear is that next time I have to restart the router, the cloned address will be gone.

I just want to know how to control this thing! Please help!

I am using the gerneric micro (06/20/07) WRT54G v5.
Sponsor
MichelG
DD-WRT Guru

Location: Galati - RO / Kishinev - MD / Geneva - CH / Tarragona - E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 19:36    Post subject: Some questions Reply with quote
"When I cloned my MAC for ISP it changed my LAN MAC as well" Did it change on the PC or on the AP ?

By the way, the MAC addresses are calculated on the 1st one that is loaded into the NIC. So you might have something ending as : -0A , then -0B, then -0C which is normal.

BSOD is something usual on Windows stuff. I will suggest that your reboot your PC, having the AP disconnected, and change the last digits of your MAC address. It is possible under the hardware related to the NIC, there is an option there.

About your AP, on the next reboot, it will keep the cloned OLD MAC address (that one from your PC), and you should not have anymore any problem connecting to the AP or internet
moreins
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 20:30    Post subject: Re: MAC CLONE causes BSOD Reply with quote
PeterK wrote:

I disabled CLONE, the router rebooted and now only the WAN MAC still reflects the cloned address (the LAN reflects the original MAC) still while the cloned computer can now get on the network without a BSOD.

i believe im having the same issue as u
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16915

¿dont i?
PeterK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 21:53    Post subject: Re: Some questions Reply with quote
the blue screen was caused by the MAC conflict (the LAN MAC and wireless adapter were the same) . Disabing cloning changed the router MAC back for LAN but retained it still for WAN. That is good for my purposes, except for the fact that I disabled cloning. So all MACS should be at original MAC status.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: