What about the WNDR4300?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AxaRu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
AxaRu wrote:
gstudio wrote:
If there is this big bug in r24461, how to upgrade or downgrade? Is there a way?

Subscribe to the issue.
Which build the best?

Tried to use TFTP method to revert to 21460, but failed
Code:
tftp> status
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Mode: octet Verbose: on Tracing: on
Rexmt-interval: 1 seconds, Max-timeout: 60 seconds
tftp> put wndr4300-webflash.bin
putting wndr4300-webflash.bin to 192.168.1.1:wndr4300-webflash.bin [octet]
sent WRQ <file=wndr4300-webflash.bin, mode=octet>
 . . .
 . . .
 . . .
Transfer timed out.

tftp>

How to flash it from r24461?

try windows tftp

tftp -i x.x.x.x put filenamehere.img

Thanks for response.

I use this issue from netgear.
Sponsor
kurokami
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:00    Post subject: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
Hello fellow WNDR4300 owners,

I've Googled for fixes and solutions for a problem I've been experiencing with this router recently which led me here. I found myself with the need to try the DDWRT firmware as a last resort after my 4300 started to lose internet connection to all LAN/WIFI devices even though it shows connected except Windows 7 will display an exclamation mark indicating no internet on the current LAN connection. I've looked through the last 5 pages of this forum thread and I assume the 03-25-2013-r21061 beta firmware is currently the most stable and reliable one. I would like to have the latest stable beta firmware and noticed the newest one has issues that has not been resolve which brings me to my question.

How has firmware build 05-27-2014-r24160 worked for you guys out there for those of you using it?

I just flashed 03-25-2013-r21061 today to see if it fixes my problems first. If everything is good I'm thinking of flashing to 05-27-2014-r24160 eventually if that is the latest stable beta firmware for the WNDR4300 since I assume it will include some important security updates as well.

Thank you!
gueriLLaPunK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:20    Post subject: Re: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
kurokami wrote:

I've Googled for fixes and solutions for a problem I've been experiencing with this router recently which led me here. I found myself with the need to try the DDWRT firmware as a last resort after my 4300 started to lose internet connection to all LAN/WIFI devices even though it shows connected except Windows 7 will display an exclamation mark indicating no internet on the current LAN connection. I've looked through the last 5 pages of this forum thread and I assume the 03-25-2013-r21061 beta firmware is currently the most stable and reliable one. I would like to have the latest stable beta firmware and noticed the newest one has issues that has not been resolve which brings me to my question.

How has firmware build 05-27-2014-r24160 worked for you guys out there for those of you using it?

I just flashed 03-25-2013-r21061 today to see if it fixes my problems first. If everything is good I'm thinking of flashing to 05-27-2014-r24160 eventually if that is the latest stable beta firmware for the WNDR4300 since I assume it will include some important security updates as well.

Thank you!

Maybe I should upgrade mine! I'm on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061

Haven't had any issues.
gstudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please, can someone tell me how downgrade from latest FW?

At the moment I have the "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std - build 24461" and I want downgrade to 27/05/2014 release.

My IP router is 192.168.0.1 and I tryed with

tftp -i 192.168.0.1 put wndr4300-factory.img

(in the other posts this command line use an IMG file)
but I have a Timeout error. Tryed to use the command after rebooting the router too but the error is the same.

I used tftp2.exe. In Server I wrote 192.168.0.1, password blank, FW the same IMG file, attemp 50. After rebooting, as soon as ping give me response again, I pressed Upgrade. There is a window notice me is deleting flash memory (need long time) but no upgrade starts. When attemps arrive to 50 process stops and I can acces to router interface with no changes.

Please, tell me the exact procedure to downgrade. What happens if I use the 27/05/2014 BIN file directly from the router?
Kligo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all together,

flashed the last build to my 4300. It was totally easy and functions are great.

Problem ist, my external harddrives (NTFS, 1TB) do not mount. They are recognized but not mounted. When i execute the mount command manuelly nothing happens too.

Are there any hints on working with ntfs drives?

Thanks very much in advance!
endlessbest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
After upgrade my wndr4300 to ddwrt(24461). It works fine in the last 3 days, but here comes a serious problem. When i access webgui by 192.168.1.1, the router crashes and reboot. So i telnet to it, and kill httpd, then try 192.168.1.1, it won't crash this time, but i can't access webgui. anyone meet this problem, how can i solve it?
HerbCSO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 20:16    Post subject: Repeater Bridge settings? Reply with quote
I just got 3 WNDR4300's to use in my townhouse (3 stories, need wired access points all over the place). I currently have a set of 3 Belkin F7D3301's. One is configured as the main AP and the other 2 are set up as "Repeater Bridge" for the wireless mode, which is generally working fine, but they keep disconnecting every 30 minutes or so, which is just annoying as heck. I'd also like to upgrade to a faster N connection, so I got the WNDR4300's.

So much for the background, now my question.

It appears that the firmware for the WNDR4300 (I got build 24461 from here: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/06-23-2014-r24461/netgear-wndr4300/ ) doesn't support "Repeater Bridge" anymore...? At least when I go to the "Basic Wireless" settings page, the only options I see in the dropdown are:

* AP
* Client
* Client Bridge (Routed)
* Adhoc
* WDS Station
* WDS AP

That's a pretty big bummer for me - is there some way I can enable the wireless repeater mode?

That being said, I did try to set up WDS with two of the routers, but not much luck. I had both set up as WDS Stations, since I'd like to be able to use them as wireless access points as well, due to the signal getting attenuated quite a bit in the basement. However the lack of wireless security support makes this pretty much a non-starter for me, anyway (unless there's some way to set that up that I haven't seen, but all the information I've found so far says that security must be turned off for WDS).
SirDracula
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:15    Post subject: Re: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
gueriLLaPunK wrote:

Maybe I should upgrade mine! I'm on DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std - build 21061

Haven't had any issues.

Unfortunately sshd seems broken in 21061. What's a good and stable more recent version to use where ssh works? Thanks!

Is 24160 a good choice? What are your experiences with it?
mbressman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39    Post subject: Re: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
kurokami wrote:

Thank you!

I think I'm having very similar issues - so far the router resetting itself has been limited when I try to transfer large MP4 files to an Ubuntu server from my Win7 machine (all on my LAN). Every time, it ends up resetting the router. Anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring or what, if any, fixes are available? Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:05    Post subject: Re: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
mbressman wrote:
kurokami wrote:

Thank you!

I think I'm having very similar issues - so far the router resetting itself has been limited when I try to transfer large MP4 files to an Ubuntu server from my Win7 machine (all on my LAN). Every time, it ends up resetting the router. Anyone have any ideas why this might be occurring or what, if any, fixes are available? Thanks so much!

Updated to latest firmware here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/06-23-2014-r24461/netgear-wndr4300/

All seems good now.

The only weird difference is that my LAN lights which were once green to indicate 1 Gbps connection are now amber / yellow. I think I remember reading somewhere that newer versions of DD-WRT change this to make 1 Gbps amber instead of green, but can anyone confirm? It does seem as if I'm still connected at a 1 Gbps connection though.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:11    Post subject: Re: Latest stable beta firmware? Reply with quote
mbressman wrote:
mbressman wrote:
kurokami wrote:

Thank you!

Updated to latest firmware here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2014/06-23-2014-r24461/netgear-wndr4300/

All seems good now.

The only weird difference is that my LAN lights which were once green to indicate 1 Gbps connection are now amber / yellow. I think I remember reading somewhere that newer versions of DD-WRT change this to make 1 Gbps amber instead of green, but can anyone confirm? It does seem as if I'm still connected at a 1 Gbps connection though.

Thanks!

I think that's correct, amber seems to be more standard for 1Gbps connections, Netgear chose to go with green instead. If your client says it's connected at 1Gbps, then the light on the router is just cosmetic.

I read that version 24461 has a bug where you cannot update the firmware anymore to another version. You may now have to use tftp to switch to a different version. I'm considering using 24160 instead for this reason. But then again, if 24461 is stable and you're happy with it, there's no reason to update.
KZL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello guys,

Which version is the more stable yet ?
bg2095
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 19:09    Post subject: confused Reply with quote
I havent done this for years, and the reason i am doing it is for VPN mainly, I have read over this whole thread and searched others, and it seems that everyone has a different way that works, can someone point me in the right direction of a step by step process of what to do with this router that will work.
Thanks
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Having an odd issue.
At least once a day my connection is "reset" when using DD-WRT, however using either stock firmware or connecting directly to the modem doesn't exhibit this issue.
I have actually gone as far as doing the 30/30/30 on the modem AND router and even manually re-entered all my settings.
This is a hassle as I have port forwarding, reserved IP's, and QOS rules in place.

Can anyone help me?
I have build 24160 installed. If needed I can provide more info. Just ask. I will take screen shots blurring/blacking out security info.
djoch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello,

I bought 2 wndr4300 and I upgraded to r24160.
I have many problem of stability.
One router is connected to the internet with the dhcp activated and will serve 250 addresses, the other router is connected to lan to lan and basically work as a wifi repeater.
This installation have been done in a coffee and the problem is that the connection is very unstable. Many devices would be unable to connect. Sometime after restart the two routers it will work without any problem for a short time but then after one or two day, many devices wont be able to connect to the internet.

This solution is not satisfying for the client and I already tried many way to improve it and I start to become desperate. I really don't know what to do. I have seen that there is a new release of DDWRT.
has anyone already tried it on wndr4300??

I also have a lot of problems when I use hotspotsystem, the connection will become very very slow. That's why I recently start to use nocatsplash but the solution is also unstable....

Could anyone give me a direction?? I need a stable wifi network with a captive portal.....
I am looking forward to see your answers.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: