Netgear WNR2000 v4 how to flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
sparker366
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 0:25    Post subject: Netgear WNR2000 v4 how to flash Reply with quote
Completely new to this.

What do I need to download to flash this router so I can use it as a repeater? I want to connect to it so I can connect to the other router in the house with internet connection, due to distance issues.

Sorry for this. I just searched and see I bought a POS router for DD-WRT. I saw V3 was supported but V4 isn't.

Can someone help me pick a cheap router to get so I can use it as a repeater. I would like to get one locally at my Best Buy so I don't have to wait on shipping.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Look here for supported routers. http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Where are you located?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am in the US.

I will just return this router I got unless I can make it work as a repeater and see what else I can get.

I would like it to already be flashed with DD-WRT if possible. If not then I will do it myself.

Is this one capable
Linksys E1200-NP or this one Asus RT-N10P
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The linksys is yes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
If dd-wrt doesn't support it, it won't work. You can't force feed a build and expect it to work. You might wind up with a brick, unless you can JTAG/Serial it.

Yes, I have one of these myself. At least it runs a form of OpenWrt and not some proprietary crap most routers have.

Your best bet? Grab a refurbished WNDR4000 on Newegg for ~$50. I've tortured the hell out of this router and it loves it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: