New build change set discussion [Split]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddwrt to ddwrt is fine so you can go from Kong to BS builds.
Just like you do initially from stock to BS then to Kong.

I agree that looking at what has been changed between releases is much less end user friendly but it is free software so we cannot complain too much.

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/25139

The above only covers the last portion not all the changes between the last release and now.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
Sponsor
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, is there any change log or known fixes, if not, always is "same dog with different bone" Laughing
Seriously speaking, it is great build, but i prefer up to now, after testing all new ones, to stay where i am.
BTW, Most of my routers are on dd-wrt.
Slidermike, unfortunatelly the link does not let me konw too much Sad

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
cdmackay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can move backwards in time via the "previous changeset" button, to move between the version of your last build (e.g. 25090) to this new one (25139).

It seems to be mostly kernel updates, with some Radius fixes, and a few other items.
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
and the latest fix that I linked to by Kong adding more wireless channels for Japan & the US.

A little further back (about 5 days) there is an openssl security fix/update.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152

Last edited by slidermike on Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:44; edited 1 time in total
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ cdmackay, thanks, yes i now it, but none of that makes any different for my uses.
Thx again Smile
Other thing was when Kong released a new build with all his bells & whistles, with all details.

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: