Can you recommend me an atheros based device?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
tomiondrums
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 21:39    Post subject: Can you recommend me an atheros based device? Reply with quote
Hi All,

some years ago I got into the world of dd-wrt (not too deep though) using a Linksys WRT54G. Lastly I had a couple of them running for my home/small business network and for some wireles point to point connections the latter doesn't matter too much here.

Alas some of them died recently and since I wasn't totally happy with them I'm now looking for some decent successors. Therefore I went for a TP-Link WDR4300 and was totally disappointed of the current state of dd-wrt firmware for them as well as of their hardware limitations.

• I definitely want to have RADIUS Accounting for my WPA2 Enterprise secured networks which wasn't possible with the WRTs thus I'm somehow limited to Atheros based hardware (please correct me if I'm wrong in this point).
  • Some of my WRTs were cranked up to deliver up to 250mW on their TX-Side. It would be really great if their successor would be at least as powerful or even better.
  • I need to use 802.1q (tagged) VLANs on the wired edge. It'd be great if the new devices would also support tagged and untagged (default VLAN) traffic on the same port.
  • I need to set up at least 4 virtual SSIDs with different security modes WPA2 Personal / WPA2 Enterprise / open network.
  • It would be great if they had a 2.4 and a 5 GHz radio.
  • It would also be really nice if antennas were replaceable.

Can you recommend any device that would meet the above requirements?

I'm desperately searching for quite some time but there are so many devices out there and specs are pretty vague in many cases. For me it's much like finding the fabled need in a haystack.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: