wan vs lan iprouting table question

baddrink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 22:29    Post subject: wan vs lan iprouting table question Reply with quote
Im and not sure if this falls in the advanced section or if im just to green to know but here goes.

Ive got a wireless connection with my neighbor that ive got ddwrt running on an old wrt54g router. It then goes to a ubiquiti bullet in bridge mode, thats connected to a linksys router thats set to dhcp, but has its own internal ip.

point a =ip from internet provider = x.x.x.x
point b= ddwrt router = 192.168.1.1
point c = ubiquiti bullet = Bridge
point d =linksys router = 192.168.8.1

Works great for wireless and port forwarding to remote into one of my home pcs and my home security setup. But when im inside the network is the issue, my home security recorder only supports active x so the way i access it is i remote into a windows pc inside the network and i can see it. I keep the pc on all the time accessing the dvr to make it easy on me but i noticed it seems to be using alot of bandwidth so i did a tracert while conected to my internal network point d. When i run the tracert to the dvr 192.168.8.10X it goes to point d then b then a then back to a then b then d. I also have a media server in house for streaming movies from my library via plex server. When i do a tracert on it i also go out to the internet then back in which all depends on the wireless conection even though its an internal destination.

Whats the easiest way to go from point to point such as if im in the 192.168.8.X network to another 192.168.8.X point?
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Traffic from 192.168.8.x to 192.168.8.x should go through the switch and not be routed at all.

Is the netmask (255.255.255.0) correct on the client?

Also check the routing table on the router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: