(TPLINK TL-WDR3600 v1) Wireless drops and Can't uninstall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Silvanotje
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 15:38    Post subject: (TPLINK TL-WDR3600 v1) Wireless drops and Can't uninstall. Reply with quote
Hi. I've installed DD-WRT a while back on my TPLINK TL-WDR3600 v1 and ever since I've had little 5-10 second times where the Wireless would simply drop. sometimes It would list limited access while still connected 5/5 lines.

I'm not terribly good with routing. A friend recommended me DD-WRT since it offered good functionality over the stock firmware for stuff like Ports and keeping kids off the internet while they should be studying.

Anyway. I used the hard reset before updating (the one where you hold reset for 30, then power off, still holding reset, then power on and still hold it for 30 seconds).

Here's the biggest problem: I can't revert to stock firmware. I've tried what's on the wiki. it says that I can simply use the version of my router WITHOUT the word boot in the name. so I downloaded wdr3600v1_en_3_13_31_up(130320).bin (which is the oldest Stock firmware supplied with my router) and clicked the upgrade firmware button. It uploads, says Upload succesfull and then NOTHING CHANGES.

i've tried using different versions. I can't even update to a newer version of DD-WRT, after it says update succesfull nothing will change. I have tried uploading/updating through both Chrome and Opera.

I have supplied some screenshots below of the status, basic wireless settings and the wireless status.

Sorry for my bad english. It's not my primary language. It's hard for me to understand some of the other reset methods on the forums because it looks like it's worded to help people who really know a lot about routers.

Album with screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/T6Q0S
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try using this from the upgrade tab. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=23657

Btw, this is an atheros router, in the atheros forum there are posts about it.
Also, your English is better than most native speakers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
My god! It helped. thanks so much! Sorry for posting in the wrong subforum. I had no idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: