Buffalo WHR-300HP2 - No WAN Port Connectivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
fixinthemix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 18:14    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-300HP2 - No WAN Port Connectivity Reply with quote
Hello-

Have searched high and low for an answer to this situation, but am coming up blank. So figured I'd reach out for help here.

In the short explanation, my WAN port seems to be DOWN/DOWN. No cable link up. If I look in Networking, I see that my WAN port is assigned as VLAN2? I've tried setting to eth0, eth1. Both with no result changes.

I've also tried toggling the back switch from Auto to Router to Gateway. All while changing the WAN port assignment and also toggling the setting in configuration from Router to Gateway.

All of these result in no DOWN/DOWN change.

I reflashed the unit with r25179, up from the r24461 firmware. No difference.

This was an ebay purchase...but was sold as 100% functional. So I'm at a loss and would really appreciate any feedback, or CLI options I could execute to proof the status of the port.

Thanks! Smile
Sponsor
mofongo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
This router would be a Ralink section of the forum. Secondly my WAN ports are fine. I flashed immediately to DD-WRT from stock and didn't fiddle with the switch in the back. You might want to try going back to stock firmware and testing it there to see if it's really a hardware issue.
fixinthemix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
mofongo wrote:
This router would be a Ralink section of the forum. Secondly my WAN ports are fine. I flashed immediately to DD-WRT from stock and didn't fiddle with the switch in the back. You might want to try going back to stock firmware and testing it there to see if it's really a hardware issue.

My apologies on the forum mistake. I'll give your idea a shot. Looks like I'll have to TFTP it. Already tried web based flash back and it doesn't take.

MODERATOR: kindly relocate my topic to the appropriate forum?
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Done

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
fixinthemix wrote:
mofongo wrote:

My apologies on the forum mistake. I'll give your idea a shot. Looks like I'll have to TFTP it. Already tried web based flash back and it doesn't take.

MODERATOR: kindly relocate my topic to the appropriate forum?

Let me know how it goes, I haven't found much in terms of recovery for this device.
tofubeats
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I updated buffalo WHR 300HP2 firmware successfully with this version through the web interface: http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/11-07-2013-r22761/buffalo_whr_300hp2/firmware-jp.bin

I planned to use it as Wi-Fi client, it worked perfectly for one week. However I was thinking about to make if faster and changed client mode from G mode to N mode.

Unfortunately I can't connect to any Wi Fi network anymore, I've tried many many configs. Wired connections are fine.

After reseting with the following methods: from the web interface, reset button, reset button for 90 sec, while plugging out for 30 sec(however the LEDs just starts usual blinking after 15 sec or so, but I was still holding the reset button),
I tried to update the firmware again, to a latest version available 2014/12, or to the stock firmware available (WHR300HP2-160).

Unfortunately the web interface - after sending message that firmware update was successful, please wait, did not update the version.
I tried this with two browsers.

So, I started to dig deeper in this topic to try other methods.

Tftp gives not accessible error, even with using a batch file which tries to push there soon after restart.

With telnet, error appears about bad trx header.
with latest dd-wrt version : function stop_freeradius not found
with original firmware around 6 function not found

So I tried to create trx version with dd , still no success to upgrade.

Any ideas pls?

update: wireless doesn't workneither as an AP anymore Sad, I can't see the ssid I was set up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: