Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H revert to stockfirmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
gwalsh3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am having the same problem. I'm trying to revert back to user friendly 1.78 from community build(19519). Might there be a way to flash the router if I do not have a switch? Do you know if flashing with the tftp program called upgrade Firmware Version 1.255 can do it? I downloaded from dd-wrt about six month and never used it. Could I start the program and let it run and then plug in the router and hope that I get the timing right? I can get the screen on tftp to say "Erasing flash..(This may take a long time please wait). After I receive that message the router boots up still with build (19519). Also the program ask for server : I put 192.168.1.1 here correct? Then password : I put the password to get into the router here correct? Then File : here I put the user friendly file correct? I am at a loss. I new to this so I apologize if I sound retarded. Thanks for your time.
Sponsor
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
File wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-17798-alpha.enc (notice the ending ".enc" does not exist anywhere I can find, nor does the link to supposed file on the Buffalo site still work.

Is an .enc file the only type that can be flashed using TFTP?
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
That release 24461 is a bit of a black hole for the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H. It won't allow you to downgrade via the web interface or to tftp either. I tried Windows 7 tftp, Windows XP tftp, tftpd32 tool, and tftp2.exe which does a repeated attempt at downgrading firmware. Nothing would establish communication while I followed the wiki exactly. I finally gave up but then it dawned upon me to try an upgrade and see if the upgrade would allow me to then downgrade, which it did. Yea! Installing release 25143 then allowed me to downgrade to 23919, a release purported to have a functioning OpenVPN server component and past the HB exposure.

So I am going to go here and play now: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=261011&highlight=openvpn+server

P.S. The file wzrhpag300h-pro-v24sp2-17798-alpha.enc suggested
from the wiki is no where to be found online. The link to the Buffalo site to download it is now a dead one. Additionally, it was unclear if a firmware ending in ".enc" is the only one that tfpt will accept but nothing I could do would ever demonstrate what firmware could be loaded and what not.
droid-I
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Previous Buffalo dd-wrt via the Buffalo UK site

ftp://217.17.132.23/

ftp://217.17.132.23/alpha/

Using eg 16519 to downgrade via tftp, then after that a 30-30-30 reset, could upload any dd-wrt via webgui.

Interestingly there seem be a "19154b" version, upload date 14-Oct-2014.. Anyone knows what is that?
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those FTP links ask me for an ID and password ....
droid-I
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry about that, from Buffalo webpage, choose region Europe->UK->Support->Download->Enter model->enter captcha and then you get a download link.
donphillipe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think something is amiss somewhere. I tried 2 Windows 7 systems and 1 XP system, using tftp, tftpd and tftp2. None of them would ever force the Buffalo to pick up the "initial web flash" of dd-wrt when I was trying to back level my router, I waited 2 seconds, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12 and 15 seconds. Almost like the bootloader is not doing the wait that it is supposed to once a production level dd-wrt firmware is involved.

In research I found another post about someone working on another model of Buffalo who said "you have to break dd-wrt in order to get it to tftp load another release". Don't know if that is the same here but it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I didn't connect via a switch as the wiki suggests. I need to buy an extra and give that a try. It's the only thing I didn't try actually ....
droid-I
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to downgrade from Buffalo dd-wrt (19154).

I had Win7 64 bit, directly connected to router. The "netsh" is important, firewall off.
It seemed almost impossible, but at the end I got buffalo's 17798 build transfered.
Could have been I manged get the stock 1.77 build in 1st by tftp.
The 10sec wait was just fine for me, Also the 30-30-30 reset is important.

If you get a "Could not connect" after timeout of tftp, then it is not
a firmware version issue. It usually gives different responses when it
actually gets contact. E.g like version, region, model, if it complains about that.

I did also try with a switch, but found out it was not necessary.
gaduaxe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:27    Post subject: Got same problem Reply with quote
I have same question and wanna revert back to stock firmware
anyone can help? Sad
uruiamme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
droid-I wrote:
Interestingly there seem be a "19154b" version, upload date 14-Oct-2014.. Anyone knows what is that?

Buffalo fixed the widely-reported OpenSSL bug in 2014. It is known as heart bleed.

"However, the manufacturer has urged customers using Buffalo routers that run on DDW-RT firmware to check their settings to ensure they do not become at risk. These devices are the AirStation WZR-HP-G300NH2, WZR-HP-G450H and WZR-HP-AG300H." http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11796428.htm
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/content/heartbleed-dd-wrtdd-wrt-online-services

They "quickly" released new, patched versions of the old versions... 6 months later.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: