HTTPS blocking - tried DNSmasq and IP tables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Lights_On
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 13:48    Post subject: HTTPS blocking - tried DNSmasq and IP tables Reply with quote
Hi All,

Firstly my system:
WRT6510nV1 running dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_big as recommended by the Peacock thread. I am also running Optware and have this mounted and running fine on opt:/. I also have ip_Monitor working fine. The external hard disk is attached via USB and is powered separately and all configures as expected and as discussed in Wiki’s etc. ProFTP working.

I wish to do some URL blocking on the router I have – I don’t want to set up OpenDns or similar.

I am aware on Access Restrictions tab I can block HTTP but not HTTPS. No problem. I have tried IP Table rules and these work for some smaller sites but less effective / not at all effective for things like YouTube for example.

I have had success with DNSMasq to block YouTube (for example) but I am unable to use it to block YouTube for a specific client. Likewise I am unable to block something like google.com/maps without it also blocking google.com

As such my question is:
1) Can I block google.com/maps only in DNSMasq?
2) Can I block Google.com/maps only for a specific mac/ip in my LAN only?
3) What is the best way to block specific and general HTTPS urls if my attempts so far are not in line with the current way of doing things?

Thank you.
Sponsor
Lights_On
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is OpenDns or similar the only way Sad would be great to do this on the router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: