Isolated guest network with DNS/DHCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
CaptainOblivi0us
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 20:27    Post subject: Isolated guest network with DNS/DHCP Reply with quote
I think his has been answered before but the solution never worked for me.

I'm running local DNS/DHCP servers in my LAN. What I want to do is to created an isolated guest network which does not have access to my LAN except for the DNS/DHCP servers.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Running on Asus RT-66U
Sponsor
Duvrazh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Believe it or not, I'm doing exactly that with exactly that right now.

I flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/27/13) mega (SVN revision 21676). Checking the isolated radio button for the virtual ssid does nothing - those clients can still see local network. What doesn't help is there is a Windows domain on this network and I am basically doing a corporate/public setup - not the hardware I would have chosen but I don't get to spend the money.

I've watched the videos on YouTube and I've read through the forums. I'm attempting to set up a 2nd DHCP server (by using it as an "additional" server on the router which is configured as a forwarder to the PDC. I don't have high hopes for that line of thinking. I too am interested to see if anyone has any information here.

I'm half tempted to just to ssh the damn thing and write some iptables rules but I would rather use that as a last ditch effort.

Correction: I think I'm using an RT-N66U
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: