Buffalo WHR-600D how to restore to original firmware?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
olbob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-600D how to restore to original firmware? Reply with quote
I'm not sure what hardware forum this device goes in. The specs say it's a Mediatek processor. If this is the wrong forum, please move the post to the correct forum or tell me what the correct forum is.

I recently installed dd-wrt firmware build 23720 on a Buffalo WHR-600D to try out dd-wrt. The build I used was
https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2014/03-13-2014-r23720/buffalo_whr_600d/

I downloaded the file firmware-us.bin and just used the factory Buffalo web interface to update the firmware with the downloaded firmware-us.bin file to install dd-wrt.

I haven't been able to set up the device as a wireless bridge with 5ghz working. So I'd like to go back to the original firmware but I can't figure out how to restore to the factory firmware. I haven't been able to get TFTP to connect with the server at boot up. The device resets to 192.168.1.1 and I get no pings from 192.168.11.1 during boot up with reset and everything.

Is there a restore process for the Buffalo WHR-600D? I haven't been able to find anything and I think the device is different enough that other Buffalo restore methods might not work the same.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried the same steps for reverting the wzr-hp-ag300h but using the appropriate MAC address from the label but it didn't revert.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Were either of you able to restore your router back to stock? I tried flashing the latest dd-wrt firmware and now I cannot connect to the router.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I threw it away.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
The procedure to restore the original WHR-600D firmware is here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264398&start=23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: