Speedtests drop significantly with router plugged in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Bascotie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:11    Post subject: Speedtests drop significantly with router plugged in Reply with quote
I recently updated my modem so that we could get the 100Mbps speeds in our neighborhood. With the modem going directly through a switch to my computer, I get about 80Mbps which is about right.

As soon as I plug the router in, even if other devices are disconnected, my speed tests immediately drop to and consistently cap out at about 17Mbps.

I have a Gigabit router (JNR3210) running DD-WRT and QoS is not on. Any idea what may be limiting this?
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
JNR3210 is not a dd-wrt supported router, there has never been a build for it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
JNR3210 is not a dd-wrt supported router, there has never been a build for it.

Sorry I was thinking of a router at another location. Mine is a WR1043ND v 1.10. I've tried disconnecting everything from the network besides one computer and I get the same speed. Going to try to revert to stock to see if that works
Bascotie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Problem solved by flashing to webrevert firmware linked by LOM in another thread. From there, I upgraded to latest TP-Link firmware and am now getting about 107Mbps down Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: