Media Servers through Wireless Client Bridge!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gatzma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:05    Post subject: Media Servers through Wireless Client Bridge! Reply with quote
I need help! Im a noob at networking.

I actually started by wanting to make my desktop (in basement) run wirelessly via Wifi Router (on 2nd floor). So i found DDWRT Firmware for my spare Netgear WNDR3700v2. My configuration for this router is a client bridge. Im bridged with an Actiontec Mi424Wr Rev I from Verizon Fios. Its setup perfectly and my Network is recognized as if i were using a wired lan. But for some reason anything i put in my home group isnt recognized thru the wifi.

I want to use Windows media servers so i can play movies thru my smart tv via public folders on my pc. But ive tried setting homegroup up and for some reason my desktop that using the client bridge doesnt seem to get picked up by my smart tv. I've done basic trouble shooting and it seems like it has to do with my ddwrt client bridge.

Can someone please help me out here before i rip the rest of my hair out. I literally spent 5 hours searching for answers on this topic and still nothing...
Sponsor
gatzma
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
Are you sure you’ve configured it as a “client bridge” and not a “client” or “client (routed)”?

Well one thing says Client Bridge on sys info and the other says Client Bridge (Routed. Check the images.

And what N router would you recommend thats cheap with a broadcom chipset. I would just buy a wireless networking card but i have a feeling itll have connection issues vs using a client bridge.

I was getting tired of this issues so i was considering buying this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/905679-REG/intel_6235an_hmwwb_mini_pci_express_wi_fi_bluetooth.html/prm/alsVwDtl

lol. And now that my computer is settled in the basement i really want to stream DL'ed movies straight to my smart.

Let me know what would be the best option. Thanks for replying to the post.

Client bridge (routed).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  187.34 KB
 Viewed:  4144 Time(s)

Client bridge (routed).jpg

sys info ddwrt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.08 KB
 Viewed:  4144 Time(s)

sys info ddwrt.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: