Installing software on TEW-673

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
hirez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 18:48    Post subject: Installing software on TEW-673 Reply with quote
Hi, yes i'm a newbie, but will hopefully try to keep the annoying questions to a minimum Smile

My trendnet tew673 is flashed with v24-sp2-11-11-14.

I want to install some additional software via optware

I have read several guides on the net for doing such on atheros systems, but i am hitting a road block fairly early.

I have a 1GB usb stick formated with gparted as ext2
I can enable and access the usb no problem.
I can also ssh and/or telnet into the router no problem.

the guides then point to downloading some files from the archives which dont exist anymore.

so i found what i think are the pertinent files elsewhere, here
https://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/

first, removing the 's' from https get the file to download with wget.
now when i run ipkg install it says file not found, which the guides say is normal (but im not convinced)

now am i to install openwrt-ar71xx-generic-rootfs.tar.gz? I cant find this specific file anywhere in the archives. is this the right file for the current build?

at this point enter the code in the guide but I don't appear to be getting anywhere. admittedly I am newbie enough that I feel I'm blindly entering code with out really following what it is doing.(unfortunately there are no guides that explain what is being done)

So I am afraid I have said a lot without really saying much.I have been at it for 3 day and am frustrated. So let take this a a start for my journal to get dd-wrt optware on my tew673. So anyone who can give some help/advice to get me past my newbie hurdle here would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firstly, you need to downgrade dd-wrt to r24160 and then follow this guide to install optware: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=777884#777884
hirez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip.

I downgraded, but I seem to be having problems setting up my wifi on this firmware. I can connect to ssid dd-wrt, change to my ssid then when i setup security i lose the web gui and can't get back in without a reset/wipe! ethernet also doesn't work. strangely though the router still functions, i.e. can connect to internet.

EDIT:Never mind the above, It seems all I needed was to power cycle. I dont recall needing to do that before.

EDIT2:
Following the guide I made two NTFS partitions on my memory stick with gparted, however I am having an issue getting dd-wrt to mount the second. Windows7 says the second is not formatted. I double checked and made sure to partition and format in gparted.

As someone suggested in the thread I tried two ext2 partitions. This works but dd-wrt only mounts sda_part1. It is not clear to me which is mounted.
Code:
--- /dev/sda
Block device, size 991.5 MiB (1039663104 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 891 MiB (934281216 bytes, 1824768 sectors from 2048)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext2 file system
UUID A49BA79C-AA68-4CF8-BF4D-4125964AF4B3 (DCE, v4)
Volume size 891 MiB (934281216 bytes, 228096 blocks of 4 KiB)
Partition 2: 99 MiB (103809024 bytes, 202752 sectors from 1826816)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext2 file system
UUID 505E138E-3D53-4C15-AA23-8848A07CB9AA (DCE, v4)
Volume size 99 MiB (103809024 bytes, 101376 blocks of 1 KiB)
hirez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now it seems I really created a problem for myself. I loaded firmware r24118 and now the wired switch doesnt work. Which means now I can't reload other firmware!
The wireless connection still works and I can access the router that way. It there something I can do to get the wired switch back up?
hirez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did a recovery back to r24160.

I still have a few issues:
- If NTFS partition are used I get a message that USB is not mounted due to incompatible partition
- if I use ext2 partitions only one partition is mounted
- I get the mount /mnt/sda_part1

Plowing forward, everything goes fine until the line:
ipkg install ...

and this happens:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:/tmp# ipkg install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf
3a5b846d-7_ar71xx.ipk
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
       You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
Unpacking libc...Done.
Configuring libc.../jffs//usr/local/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 5:: not found
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 6:
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 9: }
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 10:
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 14:
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 19:
: not foundlocal/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: /lib/functions.sh: line 24:
/jffs//usr/local/lib/ipkg/info/libc.postinst: eval: line 1: syntax error: bad substitution
root@DD-WRT:/tmp#
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: