Weird WAN disconnects in my setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
mickiedesman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Weird WAN disconnects in my setup Reply with quote
My setup:

Router Model: TPLINK TL-WDR4300 v1
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/15/14) std - build 25648

I have a ISP (Unitymedia)-issued cable modem+router (Technicolor TC7200U) that is in "router" mode. I set it a static IP address 192.168.1.1

The DDWRT router is connected to it with connection type = Disabled. I use it as wireless access point, DHCP server, NAS, whatnot. I set it a static IP address 192.168.1.3 + "Assign WAN port to Switch". I set the gateway address to 192.168.1.1 (the cable modem).

Everything works perfectly EXCEPT from time to time (every few hours) clients connected to DDWRT lose Internet connection. They can still access LAN addresses. The weirdest thing is that if I open the page of the cable modem (go to http://192.168.1.1) the Internet connectivity magically recovers for this client. I don't have sufficient statistics but it looks like different clients disconnect at different moments. Where should I dig?

Many thanks!
Sponsor
mickiedesman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 14:38    Post subject: Bump Reply with quote
any ideas/direction I should look in? Thanks!
travis82
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
cable modem put in your wan port on your router.

Since you have the same ip range change the routers ip to 192.168.100.1 for example so it doesnt have ip conflicts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: