YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
PeterS-ZH
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Al

As per 21.12. all the devices are shown as 'new device' - even those which I can find in the users.js file. There are no double entries of those MAC addresses, but somehow the correct data cannot be read.
I also cross-checked with the IE browser, but it's the same thing there.
Any 'enhancements' that were introduced last night?

Tnx & a nice Sunday to you,

Peter

Clipboard01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.96 KB
 Viewed:  14980 Time(s)

Clipboard01.png

Sponsor
PeterS-ZH
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, something must have gone wrong when users.js was last written... One of the lines was pretty messed up. Could be corrected without loss and now it seems to be ok again.
Sorry for false alarm and a nice Sunday to all of you,
P.
JimG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 15:02    Post subject: Struggling to Get YAMon2 Working Reply with quote
I have an Atheros router (Netgear WNDR3700v2) flashed with DD-WRT v24-sp2(12/11/14) std - build 25678. I completed installation of YAMon2 v2.0.17d last week. I installed YAMon2 according to the instructions I downloaded from this forum and configured it according to "Configuring YAMon2 -- a simplistic guide." I adjusted the parameters in the config.file and launched YAMon. All the directories, etc were created as described in the guide on configuring YAMon and I'm not getting any error messages. However, I'm not getting any useage data and the devices directory (users.js) and useage directory are empty. It is like the script is not running at all. I have been struggling with this for days. I have reviewed this thread and anything else I can find on the internet for days but I haven't been able to discover my problem. I would appreciate any guidance anyone can give me to help me analyze/correct the problem. I realize more info may be needed so just let me know and I’ll provide it. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Update 12/28/14
Ignore the above. I corrected the problem and YAMon2 appears to be working great. Thanks to Al for a great script!

Last edited by JimG on Sun Dec 28, 2014 16:54; edited 1 time in total
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
How can I fix the time in YAMon? It is currently 3-4 hours off. I am posting this at 2045 CST on Dec 24th (timestamp on post to confirm) and my graphs already have data for 2300. I've triple checked that the time on the router is correct--both on the GUI in the upper right hand corner as well as running 'date' on the CLI.

Also, I can promise you that we are not up that late into the night as the house is pretty much down by 2100 maybe 2200 and night and I may read a few things before going to bed around 2300--never up until 0300-0400.

offtime.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.17 KB
 Viewed:  14798 Time(s)

offtime.JPG

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
How can I fix the time in YAMon? It is currently 3-4 hours off. I am posting this at 2045 CST on Dec 24th (timestamp on post to confirm) and my graphs already have data for 2300. I've triple checked that the time on the router is correct--both on the GUI in the upper right hand corner as well as running 'date' on the CLI.

Also, I can promise you that we are not up that late into the night as the house is pretty much down by 2100 maybe 2200 and night and I may read a few things before going to bed around 2300--never up until 0300-0400.

So I was able to correct this by restarting YAMon2. I'm a little OCD...OK, a LOT OCD...and it has always bugged when I try to figure out exactly when I rebooted my router last looking at the uptime and try to subtract from the current date/time. So anytime I needed to reboot my router, I would schedule the reboot to happen at 11:59pm that night so that it would start the uptime pretty much at the start of the next day. Like now for example, at 12:55pm my router has 1 day 12:55 of uptime. For some reason that messes with YAMon and causes the graphs to be off by 3-4 hours though. Once I stop and restart the script, the next day's graphs are accurate.

Maybe I need to make a script to stop and restart YAMon and make a cronjob at 0005 after the reboot at 2359-0000.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 21:15    Post subject: Recovering from a Read-only file system on a USB drive Reply with quote
I don't know what happened on my router last night... from the logs, I could see that YAMon restarted and then seeming stopped functioning in the middle of a log message. When I looked closer, my users.js and hourly usage files for the day were missing and my USB drive on the router had mounted with a read-only file system. Apparently, the crash left the drive in a funky state.

To resurrect the things, I had to
1. go to the DD-WRT GUI-->Services-->USB tab and deselect the `Automatic Drive Mount` radio button

2. open a PuTTY window and run `fsck /dev/sda1`
There were a number of errors that required fixing

3. Once that was done, I returned to the DD-WRT GUI and re-selected the `Automatic Drive Mount` radio button and rebooted my router.

Upon restart, YAMon launched properly but the aforementioned files were still missing.

I recovered my users.js from the daily-bu directory.

I am in the process of completing a script that will resurrect [most of] the hourly usage file from the logs. (Which is possible if _loglevel in your config.file is 1 (or lower).)

I will post an updated to this message once I've finished testing that script.

Happy new year everyone!
NiTrus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Re: Recovering from a Read-only file system on a USB drive Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
I don't know what happened on my router last night... from the logs, I could see that YAMon restarted and then seeming stopped functioning in the middle of a log message. When I looked closer, my users.js and hourly usage files for the day were missing and my USB drive on the router had mounted with a read-only file system. Apparently, the crash left the drive in a funky state.

1. go to the DD-WRT GUI-->Services-->USB tab and deselect the `Automatic Drive Mount` radio button

3. Once that was done, I returned to the DD-WRT GUI and re-selected the `Automatic Drive Mount` radio button and rebooted my router.

Upon restart, YAMon launched properly but the aforementioned files were still missing.

I am in the process of completing a script that will resurrect [most of] the hourly usage file from the logs. (Which is possible if _loglevel in your config.file is 1 (or lower).)

Happy new year everyone!

this has happened to me way toooo many times using ext2 & ext3 usb drives..had to always run e2fsck all the time..what fixed it for me, was to switch to an external ntfs harddrive..havent had 1 problem since..

Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey Al, looks like the new years rollover broke loading of prior intervals.

Error #4 reading the monthly data file: `data/2015-11-16-mac_data.js`

I get this when I click the little + button to add a prior interval.
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mizehra wrote:

Mine has a duplicate entry for this interval: 2014-12-05 and 2015-12-05.

By the way, Happy New Year's everyone!

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
Mizehra wrote:

Mine has a duplicate entry for this interval: 2014-12-05 and 2015-12-05.

By the way, Happy New Year's everyone!

@Mizehra & @HalfBit - thanks for pointing this out. I've fixed the initial issue that was causing the problem and am now looking into the tidiest way to get that bogus entry out of the Summary table.

Edit:
I have further updated the JS files:
1. the bad new year entry is no longer created, and
2. you will be prompted to remove the entry if it exists

While doing this I also found and fixed a couple of bugs related to adding history items to the summary table (i.e., clicking the little green `+`).

You might have to force a reload (ctrl+F5) to see these changes. If _doLocalFiles!=0 in your config.file, you will have to stop and re-start yamon2.sh on your router.

Happy New Year. Thanks to everyone for their support, suggestions [and donations] in 2014!

Al
Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick fix, Al! You da best.
stevenhorner
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 14:28    Post subject: Re: Recovering from a Read-only file system on a USB drive Reply with quote
al_c wrote:

Happy new year everyone!

This happened to me too in December. I have only just got around to fixing it. I was running a USB stick in FAT32 format. It also went to Read-Only. I just setup another drive and copied the old data onto the new drive. Missing a couple of weeks of data though. I should have fixed it sooner but too lazy over Xmas. Wonder why it happened though.
Mizehra
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Al, something seems to have broken again.

Broken.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  150.48 KB
 Viewed:  13726 Time(s)

Broken.png

ghoffman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:51    Post subject: Re: Recovering from a Read-only file system on a USB drive Reply with quote
stevenhorner wrote:
al_c wrote:

Happy new year everyone!

This happened to me too in December. I have only just got around to fixing it. I was running a USB stick in FAT32 format. It also went to Read-Only. I just setup another drive and copied the old data onto the new drive. Missing a couple of weeks of data though. I should have fixed it sooner but too lazy over Xmas. Wonder why it happened though.

i don't think thius is a yamon issue. i've had usb issues on k3ac builds with auto drive mount enabled and a firewall script that does other mounts. if i make any changes that rewuire the firewall script to run again, there are multiple identical mounts listed when i jusst run 'mount'. i htink this eventulally causes problems.
davecjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Mizehra - Mine looks similar about the same time you posted. Thought it was just me but I lost the graph and the other message started at the same time in the screen shot.

yamonnograph.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.73 KB
 Viewed:  14259 Time(s)

yamonnograph.png

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 55 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: