WHR-600D with DD-WRT?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
bat78827
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:06    Post subject: WHR-600D with DD-WRT? Reply with quote
Hi,
I bought a Buffalo AirStation N600 Dual Band Wireless Router (WHR-600D) and incorrectly assumed that it was based on a DD-WRT firmware. I need it with DD-WRT to use the router as a VPN client.

Does anybody know of a way to install DD-WRT on the router? If so, which version and procedure should be used?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
cliggity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not possible yet, but the status for that model number under Supported Devices is "WIP" (work in progress), so it shouldn't be long before a version is available.
athenstiger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54    Post subject: Any News on this model Reply with quote
I wanted to check if anything had changed on the status of this router. I tried to look it up in the database and couldn't find an entry.

Thanks in advance.
cliggity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 15:33    Post subject: Re: Any News on this model Reply with quote
athenstiger wrote:
I wanted to check if anything had changed on the status of this router. I tried to look it up in the database and couldn't find an entry.
You would go here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices
and scroll down to Buffalo to track status.

BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
we have already a internal working version

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
we have already a internal working version

If I have stock whr-600d firmware and flash http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2014/04-18-2014-r23919/buffalo_whr_600d/buffalo_whr_600d-webflash.bin will I brick it? I have not had good luck flashing the latest dd-wrt.
mharvey500
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just today Buffalo posted its own dd-wrt based firmware for WHR-600D and even offers help to install. And my new router is on its way, couldn't be more timely.
benta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
mharvey500 wrote:
Just today Buffalo posted its own dd-wrt based firmware for WHR-600D and even offers help to install. And my new router is on its way, couldn't be more timely.

Same here, so thanks for the information!
Any link to buffale support on that topic?
I have some problems finding it.
dagere76
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just received my 600d today and am having a hard time finding information on Buffalo's software for DD-WRT for this device. If you could please post some bread crumbs where to get started...

Thanks
justdave2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 0:13    Post subject: Open the case?? Pics? Reply with quote
First of all the Buffalo flavored dd-wrt code is up on the Buffalo web page: http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en/products/network-devices/dual-band-n/routers/whr-600d-dual-band-airstationtm-wireless-router/

Secondly - I need to use this with external antennas and wanted to see if anyone has pics of opening the case. Could be dremmel time, but I would rather not make a mess of it. Anyone with suggestions on opening this or even better - pictures?

Thanks!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peel off the sticker on the back, by the lan ports. There is at least 1 screw, maybe 2. I don't remember exactly. Then carefull pry apart the case with a small flat screwdriver.
Don't insert it too far or you will break all the LEDs as I did. Lol

Overall the range on the router was really disappointing. I tried adding external antenna and it made no difference.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:41    Post subject: Cool - got it open! Reply with quote
Wow, what a pain to open. Would not suggest the effort. Sorry to hear that even adding antennas wont help much. If anyone has another model to try out, please do.

I am specifically looking for a low cost router to use for a remote IP camera. Have some yaggi antennas coming and some connector cables to attach on the mainboard.

The connectors are called "U.FL" and connectors are about $1 each on ebay.

Will try attaching pictures of the disassembly. You need to open both sides. The bottom will let you get to screws that attach the board to the top. After that you can remove the top and have access to the components.

Here are the puctures:
https://www.flickr.com/x/t/0093009/photos/126541740@N04/sets/72157647759675551/
taydu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
dagere76 wrote:
I just received my 600d today and am having a hard time finding information on Buffalo's software for DD-WRT for this device. If you could please post some bread crumbs where to get started...

Thanks

I just purchase this router in the US, tried to download the Professional DD-WRT firmware on the Euro website but i can't download because the s/n is invalid (due to region).

Anyone know where i can get the firmware?

Thanks
GizmoTheGreen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a JP device and ofcourse my serial won't allow me to get the buffalo dd-wrt based fw.

Anyone know if I can get it+ would it even flash on my device if I got the file?
pipedos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:06    Post subject: dd-wrt profesional firmware for WHR-600D Reply with quote
Ive purchased my WHR-600D In America but I cant install the professional dd-wrt firmware located in the European site because the American s/n is invalid , can somebody post a direct link with the download file or can somebody provide a valid s/n so I can proceed to download ; thanks.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: