Xiaomi’s US$20 802.11ac router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
justyourimage wrote:
xmikex01 wrote:
mdurkin wrote:
any news brainslayer? I've got two of these lovely little routers sitting at home. One for my dad and (hopefully) one for me! I've got openwrt on one of them, but I have to admit I much prefer ddwrt.
happy to test...
thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt would you be so kind as to share the site in which you purchased these routers?

In Germany you can purchase them trough (after 1st January again since it 's a custom order):

http://www.tradingshenzhen.net

Otherwise I know only Aliexpress e.g.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DHL-Fast-Delivery-Xiaomi-Router-Mini-mi-router-dual-band-2-4GHz-5GHz-Maximum-1167mbps-support/32235007766.html

Thank you for the information.
Sponsor
Duffer89
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
dd-wrt does support this chipset already.

I am waiting for dd-wrt firmware very very, because original FW have some problems in multicast translation. Thank you for you work!
nippit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am waiting for DD-WRT on this router too.

it works like a charm with the stock firmware. sadly i can only use it with google translate. Razz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys, finally could order one of these awesome little guys. Hopefully will arrive in 1-2weeks.

Im also VERY interested on a DD-WRT build for it.

Almost a month since last reply on this thread. Any news? Any help you dev's need to make it happen? (Donation, a Router, etc)

Thanx for any info regarding this!
Regards!
Nikita2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there! Just wanted to tell you my unit just arrived!

It's even more beautiful than in photos. Amazing design.

For now i can manage it thought chrome and auto-transtale since its all in Chinese.

Im really looking forward on getting DD-WRT inside this little beast!!

Any news? You guys need an unit to speed things up? Because im sure we can gather and make a donation or even buy one and have it shipped to your Address. I have done so in the past with a TP Link 842 V2 unit.

Cheers!
genetix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
How is the wireless performance on this? Could anybody run some tests on performance/range, or even a comparison with another well-known router?
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
genetix wrote:
How is the wireless performance on this? Could anybody run some tests on performance/range, or even a comparison with another well-known router?

I too am interested in this comparison.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Add me too, wanna see some tests and how it behaves. Maybe even snapshots from its web interface...
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have purchased the router and will personally test it with my heavy network when I get it.
genetix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
xmikex01 wrote:
I have purchased the router and will personally test it with my heavy network when I get it.

looking forward to it - thanks for taking one for the team Very Happy
RalphMalph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have this router also, with openwrt, but would like ddwrt on it...any progress in the firmware for it?
genetix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
RalphMalph wrote:
I have this router also, with openwrt, but would like ddwrt on it...any progress in the firmware for it?

I don't have the answer to your question, but... Would you mind running some tests for those of us here who are interested in this router? Would be helpful if you could include details like the distance between the client and router, and what kind of wireless card your client has Very Happy
RalphMalph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
genetix wrote:
RalphMalph wrote:

I don't have the answer to your question, but... Would you mind running some tests for those of us here who are interested in this router? Would be helpful if you could include details like the distance between the client and router, and what kind of wireless card your client has Very Happy

At this moment it is not up-and-running.
It cannot replace my Draytek (with VPN-server). I want to put it upstairs for my wifi in the bedrooms. SO I am still looking how to configure it as a repeater/extender.

I dont have ac-nics so I can only test the n-wifi. Also I dont have 5ghz adapters, so i can only test 2.4Ghz.

So I think I am not a good person to ask tests from, unfortunately.
Nikita2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot run those tests myself either.

I dont have AC wifi. I do have 5Ghz Laptop.. so if you want me to run some tests tell me exactly what and ill gladly do it.

send me a PM or Email with detailed info, like, which software to use etc and ill run the tests.

----

So far the Router is ROCK SOLID STEADY. im using the stock original firmware latest version. I think its uptime is near the 40 days. no problems with speed or wifi or anything. Works REALLY GOOD.

I hope they release an update soon so we can use English Lang. So far you can use it via google chrome auto-translate.

There are some options missing from the CP, but their CP is beautifully designed.
xmikex01
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nikita2013 wrote:
I cannot run those tests myself either.

I dont have AC wifi. I do have 5Ghz Laptop.. so if you want me to run some tests tell me exactly what and ill gladly do it.

send me a PM or Email with detailed info, like, which software to use etc and ill run the tests.

----

So far the Router is ROCK SOLID STEADY. im using the stock original firmware latest version. I think its uptime is near the 40 days. no problems with speed or wifi or anything. Works REALLY GOOD.

I hope they release an update soon so we can use English Lang. So far you can use it via google chrome auto-translate.

There are some options missing from the CP, but their CP is beautifully designed.
I had mine for a week also however I'm running version from Jan 2015 stable and haven't tried the development version they have which I guess is considered their beta version which has ssh enabled which of the two are you running?

Personal note: haven't been able to really stress it due to work the last few days but will get to it once I'm free I can safely say that the router handles my wireless network as good as my archer c7 v2 with no drops on firmware Jan 2015 stock.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: