Unable to ping others clients on network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Gamerbro10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49    Post subject: Unable to ping others clients on network Reply with quote
Hi. I am using a TP-Link WR841 v9 with r24118 and I am having difficulty getting connected computers to be able to ping and interact with each other.

I have a computer running ESXI 5.5 connected via ethernet to the router and I have to login to the esxi server from my other pc which is also connected to the router via ethernet. Before I installed dd wrt I tested the connection with the stock firmware and was able to successfully login with the VMware client to the esxi server. With dd wrt the esxi server gets an IP from the router and I am able to ping both the router from esxi and esxi from the router but not another pc on the network. I also had this same issue with an E2000 a while back.

Also... in the ddwrt gui it lists all the clients connected, their, mac address, local ip, and hostname. For all clients on the network their correct came is listed but for the esxi server it lists * as the hostname. It still has an ip associated with it just the incorrect hostname so maybe that could mean something?

Seems like it might be a firewall issue but can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?
Sponsor
NotAMacMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go to Administration>Commands and enter:

swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

Then Save Startup.

First, make sure your LAN device is eth1 (Setup>Networking). It should be part of your bridge. If it is eth1, reboot your router with the above code. If not, edit the above and replace eth1 with your LAN device (eth0?). HTH
Gamerbro10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you so much, I am now able to connect to the esxi server with my client!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: