Help me setup QOS for gaming

mikeubalde
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:50    Post subject: Help me setup QOS for gaming Reply with quote
I have a few questions for setting up DD-WRT QOS.

1. I can download a file with maximum 150 KBps, that was 150 kilobytes per second, should I put this value on Downlink (kbps)? What was the value in Downlink, is it kilo bits per second or kilo bytes per second?

2. What should I select in port, WAN or "LAN and WLAN"? I have 5 computers in 1 router, all computer should priorities gaming connection.

3. In TCP-Packet Priority, what should I select ACK, SIN, FIN, RST?

4. I want HTTP and HTTPS to be very low priority and I want gaming ports to be as high priority or real time. What are this thing: Exempt, Premium, Express, Standard and Bulk.
[/img][/quote]
Sponsor
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
A number of answers can be found here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service

Quick and dirty, here's what I suggest.

1) Go to speedtest.net and enter the values from there.
2) Choose WAN if you're gaming on the internet.
3) Prioritize SYN, FIN, and RST. It probably won't do anything, though, because gaming is UDP.
4) Put your gaming ports into Exempt.
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is a complete guide from Slidermike, he is on r7000 but all dd-wrt are almost de same depending on what version you are on, http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263940
Also follow the info from MongoosePro.

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: