New Broadcom ARM driver ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Back to 23900, need a stable no-nonsence buld.

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
Sponsor
mechanicguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
jheide44 wrote:
Aftershock,
you asked about ETA up there ^^, just reading between the lines:

new driver yesterday
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/26045

northstar make file edits today
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/26065

Edit:
...and now slayers change set messages are starting to say debug!

This one says Compile Fix!!!
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/26078

the "spidey sense is tingling" Smile

That said, I have no idea when new builds will be posted to the public... just loads of "baby steps" in the right direction.

Is it safe to assume the regular builds (ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/) with a higher revision than r26078 contain the updated driver and reboot fix? I have an R6300v1 with the rebooting problem and am wondering which builds should fix the issue.
AfterShock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was getting reboots with kongs latest builds except for the very 1st one which isn't available anymore, got reboots on 27594 but their was a new release today r26125 which I flashed and transferred 2 16gb files over both 5ghz and 2.4ghz simultaneously and nothing crashed, the other builds would have failed within 3 min.
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
@mechanicguy,
Yes it is safe if you already are on dd-wrt.
I tested 26075M and others, had no reboots, but with other posters found some trouble with some Gest vanishing, sometimes not all leds on, NAN Gbts mesures in Bandwidth, some repeater trouble, al in all it runs very well. But for my needs i had to revert back.

RT-N16 on VicTek's Raf Beta 9014-v1.3d. repeater @ Condominium pool side, a lot of clients messing arround.
wrt600n on wrt610n firm 16214 @ warehouse for 22 colleagues as wifi client @ 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz just for me.
wrt54gl on Eko's @ warehose as repeater for 22 coleagues as wifi client
wrt350n oldie 2007, 5 years bricked, recovered from dead & modded with antennas and new agn radio now incredible "NA mixed" on Brainslayer's , repeater at my garage, modding as hobby (picture)
All at service.

Kong said: Yeah that stupid 30/30/30. I already said it multiple times on newer units build in the last 2 years this is not the way to do it Smile
jebise101
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
AfterShock wrote:
I was getting reboots with kongs latest builds except for the very 1st one which isn't available anymore, got reboots on 27594 but their was a new release today r26125 which I flashed and transferred 2 16gb files over both 5ghz and 2.4ghz simultaneously and nothing crashed, the other builds would have failed within 3 min.

Did you have issues with the guest network?
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
jebise101 wrote:
AfterShock wrote:

Did you have issues with the guest network?

BS builds are absolutely identical to mine, thus if mine reboot, his does too and if guest does not work here, his won't work either. Unless there was a fix for it between his and my revision:-)

The only difference is, that I ship a few script like ddup, bootstrap.

And I haven't checked in anything that fixes the guest wireless. Usb rebooting problems did never exist in my builds In tests I transfered a few hundred GB to the drives and if there was a problem with usb you would have seen lots of reports, just like the wireless driver reboot problems. There are at least 50000 people using this build on the R7000 and way more. Those who reported reboots with usb misconfigured the router, e.g. had thousands of media files on the disc and did mount the drive to /jffs, in this case minidlna will scan the drive, the db will fill up ram until it crashes.
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 20:49    Post subject: wireless repeater bridge mode working in build 26125 Reply with quote
Just tried the latest BS build 26125 and confirmed that the wireless repeater bridge mode is working fine on 5Ghz AC band.
So hoping next update from Kong will reflect the same fix.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 23:34    Post subject: Re: wireless repeater bridge mode working in build 26125 Reply with quote
labo wrote:
Just tried the latest BS build 26125 and confirmed that the wireless repeater bridge mode is working fine on 5Ghz AC band.

There is no fix yet and it is not working with BS latest build, just flashed his and tested and 2.4G guest wireless does not work, just like on mine.
cyberdev
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 23:56    Post subject: Re: No Wireless Interface on R7000 Kongs 26120M Build Reply with quote
cyberdev wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
cyberdev wrote:
No Wireless Interface on R7000 Kongs 26120M Build

Okay, i have tested again with Kongs 26120M Build
After Flashing - with Factory reset - i have no wireles Interfaces
Factory reset with reset Button -> No Wireless Interfaces too Sad

I have attached a rar file with some Screenshots - ifconfig / iwconfig and a Syslog from Bootup

@Kong may you can check it?
If You (or someone else) need more Information or tests, you can contact me in German too.

If you come from tomato, then logon via telnet and run:

erase nvram
reboot

then check again. If not, then there must be a problem with your flash you have a lot of squashfs errors in your log. You can try to reflash dd-wrt.

Thanks Kong, i will try it later.
I dont used tomato FW or any other - only DD-WRT Builds from the first day - BS and your Builds

Thanks Kong - it works now Smile

Flashed BS Build 26125 -> No WiFi
Telnet -> erease nvram -> reboot -> Wifi Works fine
Restored a backup -> Old settings are back -> Wifi Works

Guest Networks doesnt work, after

ifconfig wl0.1 down
wl -i wl0.1 down
wl -i wl0.1 bssid `nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr`
wl -i wl0.1 up
ifconfig wl0.1 up

and same for wl1.1 Guest Networks working now.

Speed of 2.4 GHZ ar "only" ~ 35 Mbit (old driver FW ~60 Mbit)
5 GHZ ~ 106 Mbit Very Happy

Hope Router is stable now - we will see

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Is it only me, or is the Overall Performance of the new Build really Bad?
I think the wifi feels so damn Slow in Connecting and Speed Sad

I was so happy to hear that the Reboot issue is fixed but this speed is horrible vs Stock fw.

Can someone pls post some Speed tweaked wifi Settings ?Smile
Maybe it is an error in my side.

Sometimes the 5G Channel is disappearing...

Tested on 3 R7000 Units.

2xAP
1x Main Router
stalonge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
After 5 days running .. my R700 with FW 26093 works fine with no reboots ..

now i am sure that Reboot issue is over with this new Wifi driver

Thanks devs

Very Happy Very Happy

1 R7800 54420 AP Wireguard webserver JFFS SAMBA FTP usb HD Mesh
1 R7800 54420 Cli Mesh
1 WZR1750 54389 AP Webserver Samba Wireguard
1 TP link Archer C7v5 54420 Cli Mesh
1 DD x86_64 48296 Gateway Samba Ftp Webserver
rp1p
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wycleff1971 wrote:
Hi,

Is it only me, or is the Overall Performance of the new Build really Bad?
I think the wifi feels so damn Slow in Connecting and Speed Sad

I was so happy to hear that the Reboot issue is fixed but this speed is horrible vs Stock fw.

Can someone pls post some Speed tweaked wifi Settings ?Smile
Maybe it is an error in my side.

Sometimes the 5G Channel is disappearing...

Tested on 3 R7000 Units.

2xAP
1x Main Router

Can you post benchmarks/speedtests? What specific performance hits are you seeing? I was seeing significant drop in writing to my usb 3.0 drive. No amount of flashing between Kong and BS builds would fix it. I finally fixed it by changing the 5ghz band to AC-Only and connecting the troublesome client to it and all was well again. I switched back to AC/N Mixed and the speeds are fine still.
Wycleff1971
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont own a good Test Environment...but After the reboot bug i Switched to Offi fw and now back to ddwrt from Kong.

The new Build feels less responsive and kinda Slow in wifi 2,4g and 5g
Even if you can Change so many wifi Settings...

I know this is only a "we want to know if the reboot bug is fixed build"

But i only want to Share my experience;)

Thanks Kong and BS for your awesome work!
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
stalonge wrote:
After 5 days running .. my R700 with FW 26093 works fine with no reboots ..

now i am sure that Reboot issue is over with this new Wifi driver

Thanks devs

Very Happy Very Happy

I agree. My Nexus 7 (2012) would cause reboots if I watched videos. Now the R7000 is rock solid and all lights seem to work for me and I do not use guestnet. Sticking with 26093 until the things like lights, etc are cleared up. Know the devs will figure it out.

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
labo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 15:50    Post subject: Re: wireless repeater bridge mode working in build 26125 Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
labo wrote:

There is no fix yet and it is not working with BS latest build, just flashed his and tested and 2.4G guest wireless does not work, just like on mine.

Hi
Kong,
I rechecked this by flashing back to build 260120 and the wireless repeater bridge is not functioning anymore and
reflashing to build 26125 the repeater bridge is started working fine.
So there is some thing changed in build 26125. I'm not sure about the guest network as I don't use them, may be this is an additional issue.

I have two R7000s and three RT68Us all in wireless repeater bridge mode over 5Ghz, (80+80Mhz width) AC mode.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 62, 63, 64  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 64
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: