R7000 DD-wrt transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kermit14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 16:30    Post subject: R7000 DD-wrt transmission Reply with quote
Hi,

I have enabled transmission daemon on the NAS page, however no matter where I try to write to it comes back with 'read only file system' and stops the download.

Can anyone help at all?

Many Thanks,

Tom
Sponsor
kermit14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone else I managed to get around this by giving the root user read write access using chown and chmod commands (not ideal)

This then presented another problem that it 'couldn't find the resume file'

I then updated to build 25974 (26081 won't connect to WAN) and now it is working!

Now I just need to get it to write to my NAS and it will be sorted.

Having played around with the cifs automount though have noticed that if I enable it and connect to my NAS it drops my WAN connection.
Rainowy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi. I will use this topic to ask about my setup. I want to buy r7000 to replace my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which is connected to cable modem. There is a Synology DS213j connected to the TP-Link that I am using to stream video and music content in my Lan and to Wan via WebDav. What I want to do is to install dd-wrt and transmission on r7000 and use it with VPN client. I want VPN network to connect to transmission only and all other traffic go straight to my ISP. After finishing dowload I want to all content to be auto moved to Synology, to which people will be able to connect from different places. My question is if r7000 with dd-wrt is strong enough to handle VPN decryption and transmission with good downloading speeds at once. And if so, could you guys give me some hints how to manage ipTables with this setup. Sorry for my english, its not my native language, all help will be appreciated, thanks.
kermit14
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought it for nearly this exact reason.

I connected to my NAS using the cifs mount and mounted it to the dd-wrt router.

I then setup transmission to download everything to the NAS.

I had problems getting the IP tables to work and was pointed at policy based routing. I then found out that as DD-WRT doesn't implement this properly it doesn't work just having transmission behind the VPN and all else going through your normal connection.

To solve my problem, I now run the VPN on the Router with policy based routing set up to put a raspberry pi 2 only through the vpn. All other devices don't go through the vpn. My Pi then runs transmission and pyload and downloads everything to my NAS.
Rainowy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm I thought I would be able to avoid buying another part of equipment to make it work. When I replace TP-Link TL-WR1043ND for r7000 I can put tp link behind r7000 with vpn and put transmission on it. Will it work good with only 400 Mhz processor? And how rasbpberry works with transmission on it? And do you have HDD connected to the raspberry or does it download content straight to the NAS ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: