Repeater not forwarding Log In page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ZombieZak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 22:57    Post subject: Repeater not forwarding Log In page Reply with quote
Ok so this is an issue that I am having. I work in an airport and they have a boingo hotspot service that I pay for, but in our office we can only get reliable service from one particular spot so I made a repeater out of a old WRT54G router running DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/28/08) micro and it has worked pretty well for the last few years, but it does crash fairly regularly and require a power cycle to fix.

So I brought in a router I had lying around the house, an Asus RT-N13U B1 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) std and set it up as a repeater. The problem I am running in to is that when you first connect I get redirected to a log in page and it hangs up during that process. I know I am connected to the boingo access point because if I try to go to www.abc.com it redirects in the address bar to https://hotspot.boingohotspot.net/login?dst=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.com%2F ,but it says the page can not be displayed.

I have went through all the pages of settings and they all appear the same from one router to the other(minus changes due to the revision of the software). Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking it is somehow blocking the DNS request but I have no idea how to fix it.
Sponsor
ZombieZak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: