Need help, goofed up WHR-300HP2D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
agentphish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:37    Post subject: Need help, goofed up WHR-300HP2D Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I made a bonehead move and flashed the latest Buffalo firmware for WHR-300HP2 instead of WHR-300HP2D when I was looking for an update, so now, no more DD-WRT on the router.

Called Buffalo, they said they can't help me officially and told me to try to flash the firmware from here first then try flashing theirs back.

So I'm a little clueless as to how to get to that point of flashing to this thing.

Any great step by step guide for this?
I tried the TFTP flash here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TFTP_flash#Mac_OS_X but I just keep getting "network is unreachable" when I try it

Help is much appreciated!
Sponsor
agentphish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so I go the Brainslayer 6-23-14-r24461 build flashed successfully after a 30/30/30 and just used the web interface of the default buffalo firmware.

So that is good. At least I am back to DD-WRT land.

What's odd to me is I guess somehow it maintained my original setting through all of this reflash and reset because the SSID and IP configs and VPN config are all there from before I accidentally flashed to the regular non-dd-wrt buffalo firmware.

Good/safe/recommended next steps? Better build to use for this model?
agentphish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I got all my settings back in no problem.

Even have WAN IP.

The only Issue is I can't seem to connect to it via WiFi!
My phone/ipad/macs all see it, but won't join the network at all.

Completely puzzled.
mofongo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can flash back to the HP2D firmware if you wish. Stock is a ton more responsive though. Any later DD-WRT builds won't pick up the WAN IP with a wipe.

I also had wireless issues. I'm behind a double router setup though (thanks AT&T!) and I needed a firewall script but again, stock works completely fine in this regard.
agentphish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
mofongo wrote:
You can flash back to the HP2D firmware if you wish. Stock is a ton more responsive though. Any later DD-WRT builds won't pick up the WAN IP with a wipe.

I also had wireless issues. I'm behind a double router setup though (thanks AT&T!) and I needed a firewall script but again, stock works completely fine in this regard.

yeah I went back to the latest stock from Buffalo's website. Seems to be more stable/responsive than whatever DD-WRT I was running before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: