DHCP to VLAN from DD-WRT to NetGear WNAP210

mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 18:05    Post subject: DHCP to VLAN from DD-WRT to NetGear WNAP210 Reply with quote
Ok I pretty much configured the WNAP210 side correctly. I just don't know how to do with the DD-WRT router. Let me break it down.

The NetGear WNAP210 support MultiSSID via VLAN tagging for 802.1Q. I have 2 SSID. One for main network access on untagged. and 2nd SSID for guest internet access only.

the WNAP210 is connected to a TP-Link TL-SG2424 on the physical port #7. I have configured the 802.1Q to tag port 7 as VLAN5 and set the rest of the ports to "notmember", except 23 ports which is set to untag.

Now the part is DD-WRT. It is a WZR-D1800H running build 25697. I have setup the DD-WRT router for Multi WLAN, and it's working perfectly. I just need to know how to use the DNSMasq's DHCP to send IPs to the WNAP210. I am sure I need to get VLAN tagging going... the DD-WRT's VLAN interface is some what confusing.

So if any experts with DD-WRT can help, that will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by mbze430 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 23:52; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I totally forgot to mention what the routers are doing.

1) Clients connected to WNAP210 using the main WIFI SSID can get internet, but can't access any LAN resources.

2) Clients connected to WNAP210 using the guest WIFI SSID CAN'T GET IP address. So it can't access anything. providing a static IP renders nothing either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: