ASUS RT-AC68U install

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
ddsund
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 17:57    Post subject: Re: Wifi 5ghz rate / led Reply with quote
Arkoth wrote:
Hello,

For my router RT-AC68U, I use this last firmware dd-wrt : ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/02-23-2015-r26339/asus-rt-ac68u/

My problem is wifi 5ghz rate, I have only 86.5Mbps:

My settings:

What can I do to boost my wifi 5ghz rate in 802.11ac ?

With other firmware (I tried asuswrt, merlin, tomato shibby) I don't have this problem, my oneplus one was connected on the router with 433Mbps rate for example...

Also, the wifi 5ghz led don't work, but the wifi 5ghz network work...

Thank you for your help.

Go to advanced wireless settings and change basic rate to All (from default which is better for compatibility but bad for speed). Check SNR level from status, should be ~25 or higher for devices to agree on a higher speed.
Sponsor
Arkoth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I change basic rate to All, apply setting, save and reboot router...
same: 86.5 Mbps on 5Ghz

for the SNR:
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Arkoth,
please put any attachments into your response instead of linking to some outside source.
Your images are NOT showing up in my browser.

I cannot see your configuration.

Have you looked at my R7000 5ghz settings to see how they compare to yours?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=939897#939897

Also, so that we do not hijack the thread do you mind creating a new thread specific to your question/support request?
This thread is not really for 5ghz performance but a general thread that we are mucking up for others who are monitoring it.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
Arkoth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok I create a new thread as you said... ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=951921#951921 )

yes, I tried the R7000 5 ghz settings... same... 86.5 Mbps
Arkoth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
slidermike help me to solve my wifi problem ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=951940 )

it was a bug in the country settings (France don't work good), if you can do something like Germany settings ^^

Another time, thank you slidermike ! and all the dev for this firmware !
daicon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I bought asus ac68u. 4g usb use for my connection.
First with a huawei hg566 everything was correct.

Now with Ac68u I have many problems.
The nevagacion by google is frozen.
The youtube videos on forums, appear all white.

Several Teamspeak servers not connected correctly, enter the server, but do not see any user. : -S

What's going on?
What I have in stock, and have tried to merlin firmware.

dd-wrt could fix it? Anyone know what happens?

Thanks

EDITO: all ports is open
daicon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
daicon wrote:
Hello,

I bought asus ac68u. 4g usb use for my connection.
First with a huawei hg566 everything was correct.

Now with Ac68u I have many problems.
The nevagacion by google is frozen.
The youtube videos on forums, appear all white.

Several Teamspeak servers not connected correctly, enter the server, but do not see any user. : -S

What's going on?
What I have in stock, and have tried to merlin firmware.

dd-wrt could fix it? Anyone know what happens?

Thanks

EDITO: all ports is open

If, as I said, use firmware Merlin, but the result is the same.
The usb 4g I use is Huawei E3372. Again, with router huawei hg566 all right.

But with asus ac68u, stock firmware and Merlin, is exactly the same.
All ports are closed, I can not play games than before if I could, I have to open the specific ports.
Problems with Teamspeak.
Problems with embedded videos youtube forums.
Sad

My USB 4g huawei 3372 uses HiLink.
I tried during this day, dd-wrt and Tomato, and not get it to work the usb 4g: -S

Firmware stock and MERLIN Asus, creates a DUAL WAN to run the usb4g.
But with firmware dd-wrt and tomato I can not create.

What I can do?
danielm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just tested 26372 on asus ac68u and the guests are not working again unless I

ifconfig wl0.1 down
wl -i wl0.1 down
wl -i wl0.1 bssid `nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr`
wl -i wl0.1 up
ifconfig wl0.1 up

Can anyone confirm? Is it so hard to get to a point with a stable working firmware? Im about to toss and goto merlin. This erasing and reconfiguring after every 'test' gets old fast.

Oddly enough
upgrading over with no reset to KONG (SVN revision 26365M)
makes the VAP work again.

Last edited by danielm on Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14; edited 1 time in total
slidermike
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dan,
go ahead and run merlinwrt. All the ddwrt released here is labeled as beta. Your choosing to download untested or barely tested code and then complaining when it doesn't work. No one asked or forced you to come here and load beta code so please don't complain if something isn't working or your tired of it. Just report your findings and wait for the next beta or move along.
danielm wrote:

Can anyone confirm? Is it so hard to get to a point with a stable working firmware? Im about to toss and goto merlin. This erasing and reconfiguring after every 'test' gets old fast.

R7000 specific Tips/Tricks.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=264152
svenove
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a list of known bugs somewhere? I'm considering switching to DD-WRT and all I need is to run in AP-mode, enable guest-WLAN and separate that in different VLAN. Is that functionality working in the current beta?
taxi333
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41    Post subject: Asus RT-AC68U kong's builds? Reply with quote
Could anyone send me a link for kong's builds for Asus RT-AC68U (if they exist) ?

I'm currently running build 26372 but for some reason I can't get optware installed on my router Crying or Very sad ... if someone has optware installed please pm instructions (they will be highly appreciate it )
johoja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 15:33    Post subject: VLAN Tag WAN - RT-AC68U? Reply with quote
Hey ,

My ISP requires that I tag the WAN port with a specific VLAN for it to work with the stock firmware I'm able to do this but I can't figure out how to get it to work on dd-wrt with the RT-AC68U.

I see that wan is on 'vlan2' right now ?
tsynik
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 18:14    Post subject: Re: Asus RT-AC68U kong's builds? Reply with quote
taxi333 wrote:
Could anyone send me a link for kong's builds for Asus RT-AC68U (if they exist) ?

I'm currently running build 26372 but for some reason I can't get optware installed on my router Crying or Very sad ... if someone has optware installed please pm instructions (they will be highly appreciate it )

Try entware for arm. Here is a thread: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/entware-arm-synced-with-entware-mips-2015-02.22680/
Chrisachi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:31    Post subject: dd-wrt noob Reply with quote
Iv been reading this post for the past halve hour after my friend tipped me off about the benefits of dd-wrt
http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2m2qj4/how_to_improve_your_connection_from_a_nonus_gamer/
Now I'm not some computer tech but I'm pretty computer savy and willing to learn what needs to be done to put dd-wrt on my AC68R router, with that being said this seems pretty overwhelming and I don't where to start. Is there a step by step guide on how to install it, Iv read about that I need to flash it and install the fw but not sure how to exactly can someone point me in the write direction on how to exactly do this specifically for my router please, I have the time and I'm willing to learn. Thanks
Chrisachi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:08    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote
Ok so Iv gotten as far as finding the installation guide but the AC68 is not on the supported devices even tho i have seen it in the database
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware-specific#Asus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 68, 69, 70  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 64 of 70
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: