YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
freddy0872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="al_c"][quote="freddy0872"]So I made the changes in the config file. But Ive noticed this when running "tail -f /tmp/var/log.messages"

Any ideas?

root@DD-WRT:/tmp/var/log# tail -f /tmp/var/log/messages
Mar 7 03:54:41 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 03:54:43 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 03:54:47 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 03:54:54 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 04:01:12 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 04:03:58 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 04:05:27 DD-WRT kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Mar 7 04:07:33 DD-WRT auth.info login[28546]: root login on 'pts/1'
Mar 7 04:10:26 DD-WRT auth.info login[3604]: root login on 'pts/2'

This has been popping up even before the YAMon changes I just made to the config script. BTW
just curious as to what it means[/quote]

I've never seen that... where you getting those messages before you made the changes to config.file (or without yamon2.sh running)?

Al[/quote]

Yes i was getting them before the changes just figured i would drop it in here and see if anyone had any thoughts.
Sponsor
freddy0872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im sorry I dont know why my quotes never look right! lol
jimfree
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just FYI. Those log messages have nothing to do with Yamon but a problem with dd-wrt when the vlan and br0 have the same mac address. It has been brought up in several other threads. Doesn't seem to hurt anything, more of an annoyance when reviewing logs. I've had the same entries come and go with different versions of dd-wrt. Not an expert so can't elaborate on the details of the why.
davecjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
freddy0872 wrote:
Yea i have static IP addresses set in dd-wrt and even as they hop from extender to router they seem to get messed up there as im looking into it. So its not so much YAMon as I look at it. HMMM

And sure thing AL Ill clear that out and get you the log as you requested. However im worried its an issue with dd-wrt as the move from extender to router or vice versa

What I have seen with range extenders is that the traffic appears in YAMon (via IPTables) as coming from the MAC address of the bridge/range extender but retains the IP address of the originating device.

Have you looked at the `_includeBridge`, _`bridgeMAC` and `_bridgeIP` parameters in config.file?

I have had the includeBridge, bridgeMAC, and bridgeIP setup in all three of my installs. I use a R7000 as my main router and use static DHCP for about 25 clients on it and my extender is a Netgear WN2500RP which assigns virtual MAC addresses and doesn't have a way to do static DHCP that I have found. Those virtual MAC addresses are made up like this. The front half of the MAC is changed from the original and the last half are the same as the original MAC. Just to give a little more info on my setup.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
davecjr wrote:
al_c wrote:
freddy0872 wrote:
Yea i have static IP addresses set in dd-wrt and even as they hop from extender to router they seem to get messed up there as im looking into it. So its not so much YAMon as I look at it. HMMM

And sure thing AL Ill clear that out and get you the log as you requested. However im worried its an issue with dd-wrt as the move from extender to router or vice versa

What I have seen with range extenders is that the traffic appears in YAMon (via IPTables) as coming from the MAC address of the bridge/range extender but retains the IP address of the originating device.

Have you looked at the `_includeBridge`, _`bridgeMAC` and `_bridgeIP` parameters in config.file?

I have had the includeBridge, bridgeMAC, and bridgeIP setup in all three of my installs. I use a R7000 as my main router and use static DHCP for about 25 clients on it and my extender is a Netgear WN2500RP which assigns virtual MAC addresses and doesn't have a way to do static DHCP that I have found. Those virtual MAC addresses are made up like this. The front half of the MAC is changed from the original and the last half are the same as the original MAC. Just to give a little more info on my setup.

So - what I'm hearing is that you need a way to map the virtual MACs to the actuals... is that correct? How does the Netgear WN2500RP assign the virtuals?

Al
freddy0872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="al_c"][quote="davecjr"][quote="al_c"][quote="freddy0872"]Yea i have static IP addresses set in dd-wrt and even as they hop from extender to router they seem to get messed up there as im looking into it. So its not so much YAMon as I look at it. HMMM

And sure thing AL Ill clear that out and get you the log as you requested. However im worried its an issue with dd-wrt as the move from extender to router or vice versa[/quote]

Have you looked at the `_includeBridge`, _`bridgeMAC` and `_bridgeIP` parameters in config.file?[/quote]

I have had the includeBridge, bridgeMAC, and bridgeIP setup in all three of my installs. I use a R7000 as my main router and use static DHCP for about 25 clients on it and my extender is a Netgear WN2500RP which assigns virtual MAC addresses and doesn't have a way to do static DHCP that I have found. Those virtual MAC addresses are made up like this. The front half of the MAC is changed from the original and the last half are the same as the original MAC. Just to give a little more info on my setup.[/quote]

So - what I'm hearing is that you need a way to map the virtual MACs to the actuals... is that correct? How does the Netgear WN2500RP assign the virtuals?

Al[/quote]

Yea that makes perfect sense! I powered off my extender as a trial and error step today and had everything jump to the R7000 and POOF! No mixed up MACs.

How does it assign it? Im unsure. Ill have to see if I can try to find out.
davecjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess the only option with the WN2500RP is to let it do DHCP. I wanted to do static DHCP with it too but there is no option to on this thing! Not real sure why it does the virtual MAC addresses the way it does either. Here is a shot of the MAC scenario on the WN2500RP.

extender.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.04 KB
 Viewed:  24068 Time(s)

extender.png

freddy0872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="davecjr"]I guess the only option with the WN2500RP is to let it do DHCP. I wanted to do static DHCP with it too but there is no option to on this thing! Not real sure why it does the virtual MAC addresses the way it does either. Here is a shot of the MAC scenario on the WN2500RP.[/quote]

If we could only load dd-wrt on it. We would be set! Not even sure if its flash memory is big enough. Id have to look. You cant SSH to it or anything obviously. So no idea on its Rhyme or Reason on its MAC addressing.
davecjr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
freddy0872 wrote:
davecjr wrote:
I guess the only option with the WN2500RP is to let it do DHCP. I wanted to do static DHCP with it too but there is no option to on this thing! Not real sure why it does the virtual MAC addresses the way it does either. Here is a shot of the MAC scenario on the WN2500RP.

If we could only load dd-wrt on it. We would be set! Not even sure if its flash memory is big enough. Id have to look. You cant SSH to it or anything obviously. So no idea on its Rhyme or Reason on its MAC addressing.

Already looked into dd-wrt for it and tried SSH and Telnet, no luck! I have thought about trashing it and putting dd-wrt on my old wrt54g to use as an access point!
killmasta93
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone know why i keep getting this error?

the instructions are somewhat vague. I formatted usb to ext2 then i followed kong guide on usb samba http://tips.desipro.de/category/dd-wrt/

using r7000 kong built DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/13/14) kongac
(SVN revision 24345M)

thank you

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.66 KB
 Viewed:  23988 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

freddy0872
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
[quote="killmasta93"]anyone know why i keep getting this error?

the instructions are somewhat vague. I formatted usb to ext2 then i followed kong guide on usb samba http://tips.desipro.de/category/dd-wrt/

using r7000 kong built DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/13/14) kongac
(SVN revision 24345M)

thank you[/quote]

Okay I would start over completely. Format your USB into ext2. Plug it into your router once done. Make sure u have USB support on and all that. You do not use samba. Once the USB is recognized copy the uuid into the /opt mount box so it mounts the USB drive to /opt.

Once done use something like winscp to copy the yamon2 files to the USB drive from your PC. Directions tell you exactly where to place it. Then make sure you give the needed files execute permissions. As stated in directions. Then you can make sure your config file is edited properly and then renamed to config.file as stated in directions. Then using say putty or telnet run your full ...yamon2.sh script and you'll be up and running. Good luck!
killmasta93
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Thank you so much for replying. Sorry to bother you again but ok so heres what i got so far. I formatted again to ext2 named the usb "usb logg" then I connected it and copy the uuid then clicked saved and apply. But i think im missing the part where i need to mount it? not sure what command i need to run. And in winscp i see the /opt but no devices are connected, all i see is a lib folder.

Thank you again

Capture4.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.22 KB
 Viewed:  23971 Time(s)

Capture4.PNG

killmasta93
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
for anyone having trouble with this part after adding the uuid click save then apply then reboot the router and it should work.

Thank you again
killmasta93
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
for anyone having trouble installing use my guide to hopefully help

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=955030#955030
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rename your usb volume to opt and it will automount to /opt.

Same for jffs if you have 2 volumes on the usb.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 107, 108, 109  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 63 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: