New build --- 26424 --- 03/02/2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to 23320. Without special commands connection is 150 and I get ~45MB/s.
After inserted commands and rebooted. the connection is 300 but speed is slower Very Happy I'll stay on this for a while. Sad
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Upgraded to 23320. Without special commands connection is 150 and I get ~45MB/s.
After inserted commands and rebooted. the connection is 300 but speed is slower Very Happy I'll stay on this for a while. Sad

Could you check what BIOS version is on that PC of yours ? And also its motherboard's model, I'll check a BIOS update for it, if there's one.

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Asus Sabertooth x58. Bios installed is 1402. Cpu is I7 960.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:

BIOS 1402 is latest available on ASUS website. I'm out of ideas... Did you try with another PC/laptop ?

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Vauxi wrote:

BIOS 1402 is latest available on ASUS website. I'm out of ideas... Did you try with another PC/laptop ?

I dont have any. Yesterday I bought asus android tab. I dont know what speeds it has. Connection speed to it is 150 as no special commands are inserted.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
KrypteX wrote:
I'm out of ideas... Did you try with another PC/laptop ?

I dont have any. Yesterday I bought asus android tab. I dont know what speeds it has. Connection speed to it is 150 as no special commands are inserted.

Install Android app "speedtest" from ookla and test it. But first make sure to have the commands inserted on DIR-615 in order to have it broadcast @300 Mb/s. Maybe the tab will still connect @150 (IDK if it supports two streams, 2x150, or only single stream 1x150). But give it a try.

OTOH, if you got it sorted out on 23320 with the 300 Mb/s commands, then I suggest upgrading to 26446, mine works great here, definitely faster than 23320.

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah. Something must be wrong at wlan adapter. Tablet which wasn't asus but lenovo, managed to up to 52MB. It can't have 300 connection. After that pc hit barely 40MB. Maybe adapter is faulty. Maybe it is not. Antennas are close to the wall and dir is behind the wall otherside of the room. Maybe this weakens the signal ? In otherhand. It doesn't sound a bad signal.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Antennas are close to the wall and dir is behind the wall otherside of the room. Maybe this weakens the signal ? In otherhand. It doesn't sound a bad signal.

Low and behold, there's your explanation !

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fix for that is impossible to do Sad As being watercooled system it is kinda annoying to do the plumming all over again.

Moved the card from top x1 pcie slot to lowest possible pcie x4 slot. No noticeable difference.

This antenna sollution doesn't still fullfill me as complete answer. Transfer inside nat and firewall is still fast as can be. Smile
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
The culprit is the wall between router and PC, transfer bandwidth is obviously not max.
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ordered three antenna bases with pigtails..
Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quess what. Speeds didn't change at all. I placed all three antennas on to my table spreaded them all the way the table.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Vauxi wrote:
Quess what. Speeds didn't change at all. I placed all three antennas on to my table spreaded them all the way the table.

Try latest build 26490, Kernel was updated to 3.2.68, it might help...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=279861

Vauxi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. By using long ethernet cable I moved dir to the same room where my pc is. Hooked dir up to a lab power source (just to rule out chinese power unit) and gained nothing. Not even with latest build. Dir drains 0.5A at idle and when transferring current draw rises to 0.6A. Far from what it says at the bottom sticker.

Something is clearly broken. Who knows what Crying or Very sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: