Change settings that you revert to after hard reset.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
Eutility
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:57    Post subject: Change settings that you revert to after hard reset. Reply with quote
Hey,

I would like to change the password and settings loaded when I do a hard reset. I have it setup with different settings (non-"stock" settings) now but I want to change them to a different password. It has been a long time since I did this, a couple months at least, and I forget how to do it. I intentionally did it before because I didn't want someone to be able to reset my router and change the settings (bad ex-roommate).

I think I setup my router the way I wanted it, then backed it up, then loaded uploaded that as an upgrade maybe. I have tried to look it up but I am not getting what I need. Someone has stated this is not possible, but it has to be unless I'm delusional or my reset is not a true hard reset (which wouldn't make sense since I've used it many times in the past successfully).

I'm running an R7000 with Kong's latest build.

If I do a hard reset by holding down the reset button for a long time it turns on all the lights and goes back to the password I set up previously. I haven't done that in a few weeks and I may have lost that password, so I'm hesitant to do that now. If I can't remember the password I will be screwed. This is why I want to change this now with a user\password combination I know and store in a safe place. I can then do hard reset's to my heart's content.

Does anyone know how to change the password \ settings that are used when a hard reset is done? Think I've gone insane and am delusional or remembering things incorrectly?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps you used the administration/backup tab of the router. You did NOT change the default Nvram settings easily. ....

A reset to factory defaults will not go back to a previously set password. You will have to enter a new password and username. Just make sure you do the reset properly for your router.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: