bricked WRT54GL - ping ttl 100 - tftp not effective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
tiepolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 23:31    Post subject: bricked WRT54GL - ping ttl 100 - tftp not effective Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a wrt54gl who looklikes bricked; answers at ping (ttl=100), so I understant bootloader is answering; power led is blinking;

I can tftp a firmware (the original linksys; dd-wrt is not accepted); after tftp is ok, no pings, whatever the time I wait; restarting the router brings me to the original situation (power led blinking and ping ttl=100)

I executed this procedure many times with other routers without problems, but this is not working now.

the smplified procedure http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63444&start=15 doesn't looks working for me;

Is Jtag the only possibility? I'm not really in Jtag business...

thank you in advance,

tiepolo
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
CAREFULLY Follow the instructions at note 6 and 11 of the peacock announcement. Are you able to successfully tftp oem firmware? Or does it say it is successful but does not install?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
thenotwellman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
try this link

http://www.idealinternet.co.uk/restore-linksys-firmware.tpl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: