Support for netgear R6300 / R6300v2 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
harpseal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
25015 was very stable on my 6300v1. The only problem, but it's sort of a showstopper, with the very new builds, at least from 3/29 26587 onward, is that the 2.4GHz radio will suddenly stop broadcasting after a number of hours (seems to be 8+) for me and seemingly a couple other folks. I just flashed the latest build 4/1 and will see if it helps but I doubt it as the problem is not mentioned in the changelog. Otherwise the last couple builds have seemed great to me. 5GHz performance is wonderful and been rock solid. Note, i don't do any fancy stuff with my router, it's just an AP with about 20 devices on the LAN and WLAN so I don't test the more advanced stuff.
Sponsor
sergeym
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello. I'm running R6300v1 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/27/15) giga - build 26587M and having issues with QoS.

If i enable it, download and upload speed are immediately halved (50mbit instead of 100mbit without QoS), and CPU load seems to increase significally.

Another suspicious behavior is that router often reboots when i try to change QoS setting.

Finally i noticed that router is unable to handle torrents at speeds higher that 72mbit - number of connections and RAM are nowhere close to limit, but CPU load average gets as high 5. Is it normal for 6300v1 or is something wrong with my router / configuration?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
I have а v2CH-version.
A Peacock Thread and instructions were read.
After flashing a Kong's historical initial v2CH file I have a brick rebooting every 15-20 sec.
Logs are here: http://pastebin.com/zABVTsA1

I`m able to flash a stock firmware V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH through a serial cable and it works but it`s not interesting. Smile

Few pages ago I saw guys having same problem but I didn`t saw any solution after.

I would appreciate any help or manuals.
Thanks!
Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Going to try and word this as best I can, I'm not even really sure how to describe it.

I have a r6300v2, and the laptop I use connects to the 5GHz AC for Wifi. I also have a tablet that connects to the 5GHz, but it looks like it's using the N.

Anyway, the problem I'm getting is with the AC. It connects initially without any problems. But after some time, it gets cut off and is no longer selectable as a wireless connection. The 2.4GHz is still selectable, and the tablet doesn't lose its connection.

Disabling the SSID Broadcast and reenabling it doesn't fix the problem, neither does rebooting the router from the Administration Tab. Restarting the laptop does make the connection selectable again, but it will just disconnect again eventually.
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which AC card? Are you on stock fw? If not, which version?
I had similar issue with Intel 7260AC with older drivers.

Akhaz wrote:
Going to try and word this as best I can, I'm not even really sure how to describe it.

I have a r6300v2, and the laptop I use connects to the 5GHz AC for Wifi. I also have a tablet that connects to the 5GHz, but it looks like it's using the N.

Anyway, the problem I'm getting is with the AC. It connects initially without any problems. But after some time, it gets cut off and is no longer selectable as a wireless connection. The 2.4GHz is still selectable, and the tablet doesn't lose its connection.

Disabling the SSID Broadcast and reenabling it doesn't fix the problem, neither does rebooting the router from the Administration Tab. Restarting the laptop does make the connection selectable again, but it will just disconnect again eventually.
Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
lepa71 wrote:

Have the same card. Where can I get new drivers?

Not entirely sure, but the drivers from here seem to just be for the Bluetooth Adapter for the card: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

Unless that also already includes the Wireless. I downloaded and installed it all the same though.
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The drivers are on intel site, but you have follow those steps
1. Download 17.x drivers(btw 18.x are available now http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...ireless-WiFi-Software-Version-18.0.0.11-WHQL/)
2. Uninstall current drivers from device manager( I assume you are running windows 7 or Cool and continue uninstalling drivers until windows will tell you that it can't find the driver by itself anymore.
3. Install downloaded driver in step 1.

Do one more reboot and see if it help.

ps. I also disable uAPSD in adapter's properties.

Akhaz wrote:
lepa71 wrote:

Have the same card. Where can I get new drivers?
Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
lepa71 wrote:
1. Download 17.x drivers(btw 18.x are available now http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...ireless-WiFi-Software-Version-18.0.0.11-WHQL/)
2. Uninstall current drivers from device manager( I assume you are running windows 7 or Cool and continue uninstalling drivers until windows will tell you that it can't find the driver by itself anymore.

Are the drivers there better than the ones directly from Intel?

Also can't find where to disable uAPSD.
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Some are. The newest is for sure, but there is no change log.

Akhaz wrote:
lepa71 wrote:

Are the drivers there better than the ones directly from Intel?
Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't find the one I'm supposed to disable.[/img]
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which driver did you pick?

Akhaz wrote:

Can't find the one I'm supposed to disable.[/img]

7260 uAPSD.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.17 KB
 Viewed:  8799 Time(s)

7260 uAPSD.PNG

Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
lepa71 wrote:

Looks like I was choosing the wrong one. I got the Bluetooth one instead of the Wifi one. Thought it was the right one since the card was also a Bluetooth adapter.

Trying to download the 18.0 driver, but it's not going. I'm using Chrome.
lepa71
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are 2 separate drivers.
Akhaz wrote:
lepa71 wrote:

Looks like I was choosing the wrong one. I got the Bluetooth one instead of the Wifi one. Thought it was the right one since the card was also a Bluetooth adapter.
Akhaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
lepa71 wrote:
Those are 2 separate drivers.

I know that now. Installed the 18.0 driver and the thing I was supposed to disable was disabled by default. Thanks for the help.
sunnyd71
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 52, 53, 54  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 34 of 54
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: