WHR-G300N v2 Bricked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
SBirch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 14:19    Post subject: WHR-G300N v2 Bricked Reply with quote
Hi i'm new to this and don't have very large know how of routers and as you can see this is my first post.
My issue is that my WHR-G300N v2 has bricked. i believe this is so as i tried to install dd-wrt firmware and restarted it to early and not only that but I think it was the wrong firmware ( i have since found the correct firmware) I think I have bricked it because it only shows the power and wireless lights as well as the diag for the first few minutes after rebooting. I tried using router checker but it cant pick it up and i tried using tftpd32 to put the original firmware back on it to no avail.

Kind Regards Sam
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
WHR-G300N v2 is an Atheros-based router. Here it is all you need to tftp correctly (you should read thoroughly first): http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2
SBirch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 14:50    Post subject: WHR-G300N v2 Bricked Reply with quote
Well ok thanks. Is it possible for a mod to move this to the Aetheros sub then please.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow this guide to unbrick with tftp: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=960729#960729
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: