WRT310N Flashing question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fritoeata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 0:17    Post subject: WRT310N Flashing question... Reply with quote
I have a wrt310N v1.0 that I want to flash. I'm following the wiki...
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT310N_v1.0
I'm stuck at #5-7.
The problem is that I cannot find which "is the latest Linksys firmware(see note above)". I can't figure out which note, and linksys has taken down their downloads and the IM assistant claimed that due to GPL, they cannot even supply for download anymore. Finding any stock bins are dicey from where I sit, therefore I'm stuck. Confused

I have firmware v1.00.4 Jan 3, 2008. from the HTTP dashboard

...Which .bin should I use?
I would just flash the latest stock if I could get a legit bin.
Thanks for your reading this and hopefully helping too.
Regards,
Frito
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are likely all set to go...just load up the mini_310n.bin file.

But...if you really want to make sure and you don't trust what you have...here is the linky FW for that unit.

redhawk

WRT310N_1.0.10_002_US_code.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WRT310N_1.0.10_002_US_code.bin
 Filesize:  3.09 MB
 Downloaded:  252 Time(s)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would appear, from reading the wiki, that there is the version that redhawk0 posted and a newer build. Your GUI for the oem firmware should show the version. The wiki gives alternate instructions depending on whether you have the older or the newer oem linksys build. It would have been better if the person who added that to the wiki had stated the version number, not "latest version".
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
fritoeata
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the speedy replies! Sorry for my delayed response.
(My family's been sick for the last 3 days and I've stayed home the past 2... routers take back seat)
I flashed the linky redhawk0 posted (THANKS!), and then I tried the bin from #5 (see OP). it failed at 4%. I then thought I must've misunderstood the wiki, I tried #7.
It too failed at 4%.
It just occured to me, do I need to do a 30/30/30 after a failed flash? or is there another problem?
Thank you!
Frito
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try a different browser.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: